RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
I took advantage of the 6 months free Apple Music to integrate with the PCM. I do like (prefer using with PCM rather than my Spotify account via Car Play). I have just received Apple’s invoice for the first month’s subscription after free period. I do not want to pay for 2 music streaming services and will stay with Spotify as have premium with family members!

So does anyone know (UK) when are we getting the update promised to allow PCM /Spotify integration?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I took advantage of the 6 months free Apple Music to integrate with the PCM. I do like (prefer using with PCM rather than my Spotify account via Car Play). I have just received Apple’s invoice for the first month’s subscription after free period. I do not want to pay for 2 music streaming services and will stay with Spotify as have premium with family members!

So does anyone know (UK) when are we getting the update promised to allow PCM /Spotify integration?
Depends...

You may never get the PCM 6.0 update (in general) as it looks to be an update that is hardware dependent and therefore may not see the light of day on MY20 / MY21 and possibly early MY22 cars (not 100% clear).

My guess is that you won't get it on MY20/MY21 cars - and a slim chance on the early MY22 cars.

OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Depends...

You may never get the PCM 6.0 update (in general) as it looks to be an update that is hardware dependent and therefore may not see the light of day on MY20 / MY21 and possibly early MY22 cars (not 100% clear).

My guess is that you won't get it on MY20/MY21 cars - and a slim chance on the early MY22 cars.
that's very disappointing

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
that's very disappointing
Check with your dealer - I don't have definitive information but my sense is that we're out of luck for this one which is pretty shameful of Porsche at best.

I use Apple Family so don't have the issue and less bothered on the Spotify front.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Personally i dont use the native PCM app as i want the speed camera announcements from Radarbot/Waze which wont happen when using the PCM apps

OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check with your dealer - I don't have definitive information but my sense is that we're out of luck for this one which is pretty shameful of Porsche at best.

I use Apple Family so don't have the issue and less bothered on the Spotify front.
thanks....... so far I actually really rate my dealer OPC the loan of turbo S for many weeks while my CT4S in for teething problems may have some thing to do with it ! Oh and the loan of 911 for a day while key my second key finally delivered programmed and now this news ...........hope they got it right

"Hello Richard,
Thank you very much for reaching me. Hope you are doing well as always!
Yes I have noticed you have visit the centre yesterday, I would love to catch up with you if I wasn’t with a customer… ? The customer was looking for a Taycan Cross Turismo as well!
I have checked the Porsche network and the latest information suggested by Week 28 this year the new software should be available to download over the air for Taycan / Cayenne / 911 / Panamera models. The new functions should add value to your already amazing Taycan Cross Turismo!

If there is any questions please always feel free to contact me and Kevin! Have a great day!"

Porsche Taycan PMC update Spotify Integration 1645527630180

OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Personally i dont use the native PCM app as i want the speed camera announcements from Radarbot/Waze which wont happen when using the PCM apps
I run the PCM Nav as I prefer battery conditioning /charger fast charge locations on longer journeys etc. but with Waze open in Carplay (no destination) in background

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
thanks....... so far I actually really rate my dealer OPC the loan of turbo S for many weeks while my CT4S in for teething problems may have some thing to do with it ! Oh and the loan of 911 for a day while key my second key finally delivered programmed and now this news ...........hope they got it right

"Hello Richard,
Yes I have noticed you have visit the centre yesterday, I would love to catch up with you if I wasn’t with a customer… ? The customer was looking for a Taycan Cross Turismo as well!
I have checked the Porsche network and the latest information suggested by Week 28 this year the new software should be available to download over the air for Taycan / Cayenne / 911 / Panamera models. The new functions should add value to your already amazing Taycan Cross Turismo!

If there is any questions please always feel free to contact me and Kevin! Have a great day!"

1645527630180.png
Yes this is helpful but doesn't mention model years. July is a long way off!

Also sounds a little over enthusiastic about your 'amazing' CT - if it's already been in the shop for weeks then I would be looking for a full refund / replacement! Don't mean to be rude but this would be a worry (for me).

I hope I'm 100% wrong but suspect if you have a MY22 + lots of patience then you will be in with a shout at least.

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag

"Hello Richard,

1645527630180.png
I'm due to take delivery of a 4S on March 1st that was built in early Jan and arrived at the dealer a couple of weeks ago.

Dealer has today confirmed that despite my build being so close to the PCM 6 update Porsche will not provide an upgrade or patch as 'it has not been offered historically'.

Despite having had a few Porsche's over the years, I'm blown away by the arrogance of this and resent having to take delivery of a brand new premium car that is already out of date, especially when the upgrade would be virtually no cost.

I'd appreciate any views on the impact on desirability or residuals of having the older software on a '22MY vehicle and the importance of the upgrade

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm due to take delivery of a 4S on March 1st that was built in early Jan and arrived at the dealer a couple of weeks ago.

Dealer has today confirmed that despite my build being so close to the PCM 6 update Porsche will not provide an upgrade or patch as 'it has not been offered historically'.

Despite having had a few Porsche's over the years, I'm blown away by the arrogance of this and resent having to take delivery of a brand new premium car that is already out of date, especially when the upgrade would be virtually no cost.

I'd appreciate any views on the impact on desirability or residuals of having the older software on a '22MY vehicle and the importance of the upgrade
My view is no residual impact - only an anorak would go looking for the subtle difference IMHO - Spotify, coloured icons and a slightly better range planner aren't significant in my view.

That said I'd be pretty hacked off on a brand new car that hasn't been delivered - make some noise and push for a freebie e.g. alloy and tyre insurance (£500+).

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I would normally say, no way Porsche will do major updates to software on Cars. Espically ones that may require hardware updates.

But seeing that electric cars have little revenue generation for dealerships after sale i wouldn't be suprised if they started offering these upgrade packages for a price.

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

"Hello Richard,

1645527630180.png
Which dealer is that?

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I would normally say, no way Porsche will do major updates to software on Cars. Espically ones that may require hardware updates.

But seeing that electric cars have little revenue generation for dealerships after sale i wouldn't be suprised if they started offering these upgrade packages for a price.
I mean technically they've already done a "major update". The update that brought native Apple Music and Podcast integration, as well as wireless CarPlay, along with other updates, wasn't really less "major" than Spotify, new icons and Android Auto.

Also, keep in mind that all Taycans are PCM 6. What is in question is simply the latest PCM 6 software update. It's not at all clear that the latest 2022's, that are coming with this update pre-integrated, have "updated hardware". The 2022s that have already shipped most definitely have the same hardware generation as every other Taycan. The 30 page thread that's actually stickied is really the best place for all of this info.

Last edited:

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
Thanks for your responses.

I have the H9J1035070 software despite the build being in Jan of this year. OPC powerless to do anything about it I think - any updates will be driven by Porsche Germany. OPC has been pretty understanding and supportive though. I guess they're just caught in the middle.

They reckon used buyers aren't interested in software levels and and are adamant that it has no impact on residual valuation which is driven by colour, wheel choice and key options.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Thanks for your responses.

I have the H9J1035070 software despite the build being in Jan of this year. OPC powerless to do anything about it I think - any updates will be driven by Porsche Germany. OPC has been pretty understanding and supportive though. I guess they're just caught in the middle.

They reckon used buyers aren't interested in software levels and and are adamant that it has no impact on residual valuation which is driven by colour, wheel choice and key options.
what was the January build date?
Sponsored