PMCC doesn’t know your Taycan?

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I set up my PMCC and it charges fine but it doesn’t recognize my Taycan and instead recognized this non-existent VIN. This happen to anyone? Factory reset did nothing and still recognized the wrong car. I get no charging tracking.
This isn’t my VIN in the photo.

Porsche Taycan PMCC doesn’t know your Taycan? 5FFA470A-F310-4809-A774-E6DB5C441C97
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well considering mine NEVER did this I don’t have this issue. Is this post update?

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Well considering mine NEVER did this I don’t have this issue. Is this post update?
Yes post update but a brand new Taycan and PMCC picked up at PECATL last Wednesday. I would have hoped the updates in the PMCC were done by the manufacturer but on the PMCC, it says updated.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
@rquinton
Could your dealer or PECATL have needed a PMCC in a pinch and swapped yours with another vehicle?
I would call PECATL and tell them you have the wrong VIN on your charger since that is where you collected the vehicle.
Have you tried pushing No to add vehicle and see what happens or if it will charge your Taycan?
Your vehicle looks great and I really like the wheels you selected. Congrats!

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Mine never did this either. MY20 post update.
I am very interested to find out, if after the update, I can finally get my PMCC to recognise my Taycan and handle with a PIN plug & charge. If anybody succeeded, please let us know.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I am very interested to find out, if after the update, I can finally get my PMCC to recognise my Taycan and handle with a PIN plug & charge. If anybody succeeded, please let us know.
I’ve got a ticket open with Porsche. Waiting to hear back.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I set up my PMCC and it charges fine but it doesn’t recognize my Taycan and instead recognized this non-existent VIN. This happen to anyone? Factory reset did nothing and still recognized the wrong car. I get no charging tracking.
This isn’t my VIN in the photo.

5FFA470A-F310-4809-A774-E6DB5C441C97.jpeg
This “VIN” is actually the PCID (unique to all cars and you’d expect it to be your VIN but hey ho) which the PMCC picks up when you have Plug & Charge enabled and PLC to Vehicle enabled. If you select ‘Yes’ then this authorises your car to the PMCC and it will record the same PCID in all charging logs and display the connected vehicle as Porsche Taycan.

Next time you connect the car will be auto authorised and won’t prompt for a PIN plus you can disable PIN requests (and Guest PINs) in the PMCC Web Portal on your PMCC. This effectively gives you plug and play plus prevents another non-authorised vehicle connecting and charging (PIN would be required).

I use it all the time and also notice that when a timer / profile is in use and the charge start time hasn’t been reached that the PMCC will flash blue until start of charge (rather than for a few minutes and then stop).

My PCID is as follows but a shame it doesn’t transmit the actual VIN for the vehicle as both PCID and VIN appear to be the same thing.

Porsche Taycan PMCC doesn’t know your Taycan? 0C429701-06F2-4326-9B97-476854AE6974

Last edited:

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This “VIN” is actually the PCID (unique to all cars and you’d expect it to be your VIN but hey ho) which the PMCC picks up when you have Plug & Charge enabled and PLC to Vehicle enabled. If you select ‘Yes’ then this authorises your car to the PMCC and it will record the same PCID in all charging logs and display the connected vehicle as Porsche Taycan.

Next time you connect the car will be auto authorised and won’t prompt for a PIN plus you can disable PIN requests (and Guest PINs) in the PMCC Web Portal on your PMCC. This effectively gives you plug and play plus prevents another non-authorised vehicle connecting and charging (PIN would be required).

I use it all the time and also notice that when a timer / profile is in use and the charge start time hasn’t been reached that the PMCC will flash blue until start of charge (rather than for a few minutes and then stop).
Mine keeps blinks blue until the charge starts (usually around 11:30PM until it gets to 85%) and then stays green when charging is complete. It doesn't seem to go to sleep unless it is not connected to the car. Is that what should be happening? The sleep mode is activated in the web access. I also notice that all the times are wrong on the charging history as the web application has a wacky time on it. I looks to only download charges periodically. I guess it has to go back to the Porsche server and then put it in the Web Application. Thoughts?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine keeps blinks blue until the charge starts (usually around 11:30PM until it gets to 85%) and then stays green when charging is complete. It doesn't seem to go to sleep unless it is not connected to the car. Is that what should be happening? The sleep mode is activated in the web access. I also notice that all the times are wrong on the charging history as the web application has a wacky time on it. I looks to only download charges periodically. I guess it has to go back to the Porsche server and then put it in the Web Application. Thoughts?
Mine goes back to flashing blue post charge completion assuming the timer / profile has been set to daily and so auto pause is enabled.

Do you have PLC to the vehicle enabled or not? If not, try that but don’t leave the charge cable connected for more than 72hrs (12v issue otherwise). Mine would flash blue initially and then go to sleep on the charge port and stop on the PMCC (still charged) however with the PLC option enabled it started working properly.

I had the time issue as well (mine was always +7 GMT). When the charge starts the time is then synced from the car so at least the charge starts and stops when you want. The logs however becoming tricky to decipher. Bizarrely, yesterday I replaced my router (which provides the network time for the PMCC) and noticed for the first time that the PMCC had the correct time and time zone. I suspect I have stumbled on a fix for my own issue. All I can suggest is to check the time source on your router / reboot it and see if that makes the difference.

seskiyapan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
mine gives PLC error when I plug the cable to the car, lock the car to leave it for a time set charging at 12.00 am . I have to press OK on the PMCC . After that the charging screen comes on , do you guys know why this happens?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
mine gives PLC error when I plug the cable to the car, lock the car to leave it for a time set charging at 12.00 am . I have to press OK on the PMCC . After that the charging screen comes on , do you guys know why this happens?
Make sure PLC network connection is disabled and PLC vehicle is enabled.

The error refers to the PMCC searching for a PLC connection to either a home energy manager or a power line connection to your router. Unless either exists and a connection made you get a PLC error.

Use the Tech / Service account to access the PLC options on the PMCC portal.

seskiyapan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Make sure PLC network connection is disabled and PLC vehicle is enabled.

The error refers to the PMCC searching for a PLC connection to either a home energy manager or a power line connection to your router. Unless either exists and a connection made you get a PLC error.

Use the Tech / Service account to access the PLC options on the PMCC portal.
my car park is at -2 floor where I have no wifi or network coverage, so PMCC cant connect to any wifi. So should I disable the wifi function of it ? Is this the reason for this error ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
my car park is at -2 floor where I have no wifi or network coverage, so PMCC cant connect to any wifi. So should I disable the wifi function of it ? Is this the reason for this error ?
WiFi should be ok but by default the PLC option is active.

If no connectivity then disable PLC to network and vehicle.

Note you can enable the hotspot on the PMCC and connect your phone directly to it and then use the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect web app to configure as needed.

Overall you can just disable all connectivity given the restrictions you have.

seskiyapan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
WiFi should be ok but by default the PLC option is active.

If no connectivity then disable PLC to network and vehicle.

Note you can enable the hotspot on the PMCC and connect your phone directly to it and then use the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect web app to configure as needed.

Overall you can just disable all connectivity given the restrictions you have.
Thanks for your help .

How do I disable it ?
Sponsored