daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
hmmmm - was doing morning routine tasks unplugging the EV's (Cayenne Hybrid & Taycan) and both my PMCC's have software updates - version 2934…

so far I've been unable to find any release notes - but I'm curious what they might be fixing (or thinking they are fixing).
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
iOS version was 6days ago - didn’t really notice anything different. Description just says “bug fixes and improvements”….

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oops! Should read more closely …

yes my PMCC updated today as well :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
hmmmm - was doing morning routine tasks unplugging the EV's (Cayenne Hybrid & Taycan) and both my PMCC's have software updates - version 2934…

so far I've been unable to find any release notes - but I'm curious what they might be fixing (or thinking they are fixing).
Perhaps AT&T shutting down 3G requires different connectivity settings/firmware? All Teslas, even the old ones which have not received an update since 2020, got one very recently (with a note stating that if the update is declines, you will lose connectivity due to AT&T network changes).

EDIT: I misread PMCC as PCM :oops: , so nevermind!

Last edited:

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Perhaps AT&T shutting down 3G requires different connectivity settings/firmware? All Teslas, even the old ones which have not received an update since 2020, got one very recently (with a note stating that if the update is declines, you will lose connectivity due to AT&T network changes).
The PMCC only connects via WiFi or PLC, so would not be impacted By the end of 3G.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Got the News software too.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I got the update yesterday so looks like all PMCC units are receiving an as yet hitherto unexplained update.

I'm hoping it addresses time zone issues I've had since day zero but not had a chance to use it yet.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Still version 2925 on my end…. :-(
My software version: 3.1.14
Text version: 20200729#4

Today, during driving, I've been logged out, then, loggedin as a Guest...
I haven't noticed anything, just satellite view disappeared and home screen became different.

After about 10 minutes, I've been automatically logged in with my username... still without satellite view.

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
These are the release notes of the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect Software Version 2934:

Software update 2934 improves the function of your Porsche Mobile Charger Connect.
The update will include changes to features as listed below:
  • Increased user friendliness during installation and implementation of a software update
  • Optimizations in the user interface
  • Improvements in communication between the vehicle and Porsche Mobile Charger Connect as well as in the PLC connection
  • Optimization and robustness measures for the installed software
Software version 2934 is compatible with all previous versions and can be installed directly. The update does not affect data protection, the certification of your product or the content of third-party providers.

You can find these release notes at https://www.porsche.com/usa/accesso...re-update/downloads-mobile-charger-connect-1/ after entering the serial number of your device

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
My PLC never worked. There was a thread on this some months ago and my model year and the PMCC were not friends for PLC. Might even have been @AndiL post.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My software version: 3.1.14
Text version: 20200729#4

Today, during driving, I've been logged out, then, loggedin as a Guest...
I haven't noticed anything, just satellite view disappeared and home screen became different.

After about 10 minutes, I've been automatically logged in with my username... still without satellite view.
PMCC (EVSE) not PCM.

Reactions: B61

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
My PLC never worked. There was a thread on this some months ago and my model year and the PMCC were not friends for PLC. Might even have been @AndiL post.
It only works if the power cable distance between the PLC modem in your household and the PMCC device is not too long. Didn't work for me either in the beginning because of that. After installing the PLC modem in the garage itself, while being connected via Ethernet cable to the household installation, it works. I guess (!!) the distance may not be longer than about 20 meters. The PLC modem in the PMCC might not such a strong signal as usual household PLC modems, because of regulation reasons as the PMCC is connected to the vehicle as well.
Sponsored