JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got a PMCC software update this morning. If I hadn't been standing beside the charger, I wouldn't have seen it. Wonder what it's for? 12V issues?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
what version is it? I believe mine is on 2914?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hmmm I’ll go check it out - of course there are no release notes :CWL:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Got a PMCC software update this morning. If I hadn't been standing beside the charger, I wouldn't have seen it. Wonder what it's for? 12V issues?
Thanks for alerting us to this, @JimBob . Triggered by your message, I went to check my PMCC in the garage. Immediately after waking it up, it claimed to have the latest software version installed which it showed as version 2914. However, within a couple of minutes a red dot appeared next to the Software Version menu button and it started to download a new version which ultimately turned out to be version 2925. It took almost ten minutes to go through the download/install/reboot cycle. Maybe the PMCC needs to be awake to receive automatic software updates?

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for alerting us to this, @JimBob . Triggered by your message, I went to check my PMCC in the garage. Immediately after waking it up, it claimed to have the latest software version installed which it showed as version 2914. However, within a couple of minutes a red dot appeared next to the Software Version menu button and it started to download a new version which ultimately turned out to be version 2925. It took almost ten minutes to go through the download/install/reboot cycle. Maybe the PMCC needs to be awake to receive automatic software updates?
This is the first I have heard of anyone getting OTA updates other than map updates... Interesting...

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For completeness. The car was acting a little differently. At the time I checked, it was past the time set on the destination timer and the car was fully charged.

I attempted to disconnect the charger from the car, but it wouldn't let me. The light stayed green for a couple of minutes. Pressed it several times but it would not release the plug.

Eventually the green light went out and the car released the plug.

The update message immediately appeared on the charger and after a couple of minutes was finished.

I presume the car and the charger were talking to each through the process which is it why it wouldn't release.

There may be some people who have the charger but have not hooked up to wifi. They probably should do that.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the first I have heard of anyone getting OTA updates other than map updates... Interesting...
Indeed, but this was an update for the charger and not for the car itself. For the car, I only remember map updates by way of OTA.

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My version shows as 2925 and as the most current

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is specualtive.

Looking at how the car acted when I attempted to disconnect from the charger, there is a possibility that the charger and the car may be more integrated than is apparent. The next time a 12v battery crashes, it might be useful to find out what kind of charger is being used and if a PMCC, what the version number is.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
version 2925 is NOT new. See attached a photo I took on Dec 29th showing version 2925.
My car was mid Sept build and I leased in end of Nov. I believe 2925 was the version PMCC came with.

This version certainly does not fix the 12v issues since it has PLC enabled by default.

Porsche Taycan PMCC Software Update This Morning Screenshot_20210226-092131_Photos

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
well it's new to my PMCC - which was previously on 2914 - I checked for updates a week or so ago and no update - and now this morning it's downloading an update…so while it may not be new from a calendar perspective - Porsche just recently decided to push it to older PMCC"s that were not on it…

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
version 2925 is NOT new. See attached a photo I toom on Dec 29th showing version 2925.
My car was mid Sept build and I leased in end of Nov. I believe 2925 was the version PMCC came with.

This version certainly does not fix the 12v issues since it has PLC enabled by default.

Screenshot_20210226-092131_Photos.jpg
Wow, I better go check whether this new version auto-enabled anything it should not