PNW Washington taycan owners

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Noob question - I have a cpo turbo s, rear tire has a nail. Les Schwab patched it, but it’s near the side and seemed concerned. They can’t get a replacement?

where do y’all get your tires? Dealer?
North of Seattle.
Thx!
Pretty much what @WasserGKuehlt said. I've done all my cars at Discount Tire for the last couple of decades. One time recently I ended up going through TireRack.com and delivered for installation to Discount Tire, because DT didn't have the tires I wanted on their website. They told me later that had I called them direct, they would have been able to order the same tires/wheels too, so next time I will try that route first after checking the tire prices on Porsche.com (easy automated quotes sent direct to dealer, I went that route for my current winter tires as their price was competitive - I assume you already tried this and didn't find what you want).
Sponsored

RMB

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Costco for tires. Free install now too. Plus Costco is effectively local to us in the NW.
I always buy Michelin as replacement meats. Why? They budget a larger amount of profit to research and development than other manufacturers thus a step ahead. Consumer Reports often has them rated at or next to the top ranking.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I like Discount Tire for local work, and TireRack for “challenging” finds. Since DT is now owned by/in partnership with TireRack, you can search online and have it delivered locally.
Agree. Also, I think it’s a good idea to get the tire replaced if you’re going to do any spirited driving.

RMB

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
FYI for north I-5, BC 99 travelers. A new EA station opening soon at the southern Bellingham Fred Meyer one block off Lakeway Drive exit on east side of freeway. Next to their gas station. Lotsa manuevering space plus scads of services to walk to within one block. It appears completed but wrapped with caution tape awaiting...?
Go on the EA app, in the filter toggle on "coming soon" then you can ask app to notify you when it opens. Doesn't show up on "My Porsche" yet in spite of status.

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners 20240306_124253

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
thanks! the bellingham one is always busy and you get lucky not having to wait. Petro Canada has a great network on the other side of the border - love the idea of installing at a gas station with the services around them

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
FYI for north I-5, BC 99 travelers. A new EA station opening soon at the southern Bellingham Fred Meyer one block off Lakeway Drive exit on east side of freeway. Next to their gas station. Lotsa manuevering space plus scads of services to walk to within one block. It appears completed but wrapped with caution tape awaiting...?
Go on the EA app, in the filter toggle on "coming soon" then you can ask app to notify you when it opens. Doesn't show up on "My Porsche" yet in spite of status.
I saw this being advertised as 'soon' for a couple of months now. I think Bham badly needs more high-speed charging - the one on Bakerview is essentially a lottery. (On my return trip Saturday, I got lucky - 1 of 4 available, delivered 192kW.)

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Playing through Pacific Drive recently has me wanting some faux wood panels for the sides of my CT!

Anyone else play that awesome game yet??