sebseb

First Name
Seb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535i
Country flag
Hate to tell you but that’s gonna be the norm these days. The line for the 4S is out the door, I just went in this weekend and saw the waitlist… there’s something like 30+ people all waiting for an allocation, with every allocation from now until June 2023 already spoken for.
Yeah I was told I would be looking at a MY24 haha. I found out that Ukraine makes harnesses for Porsche and BMW so the war has affected the production. The SA did tell me that he had more allocations for the RWD model but, I figured AWD is kinda required if I wanted to drive to ski resorts.
Sponsored

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Hello everyone,

Do you all have any recommendations as to which dealership you recommend for sale and services? I've only been to the Bellevue one and my experience has not been great. They want 5K deposit for a delivery of 4S Sedan in 12-18 months.

Thank you
I went to Bellevue at the beginning of April and got the same $5k deposit required to put in an order so that seems to be the norm. The allocations/ETA varied by the model with Cross Turismo having 8 on the waitlist already and will be looking at late 2023 if ever.

I went with RWD and got the immediately available June 2022 production allocation that locked at the end of April with a delivery ETA of September 2022.
No issue with the experience I received at Bellevue.

Last edited:

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I went with Bellevue in December because they had a RWD allocation that locked within 3 weeks and they weren't marking it up. $5k deposit, order locked late December, car produced mid January, delivered mid April. Generally happy with Porsche Bellevue, the only annoyance is that their service department has a pretty long wait to get an appointment.

sebseb

First Name
Seb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535i
Country flag
I should clarify that my negative experience isn't cause they wanted a deposit. It was more of how much the SA bragged about Porsche Bellevue being the 4th dealership in the nation and how better they are compared to the other 2 dealers in WA. I have not found a single source online that proves they're ranked that high. Also, they only get 2-3 allocations of Taycan 4S per month according to the SA, Is that a lot?

When I brought up the manual steering wheel, he kinda argued how that was for only a short period of time and customers affected were taken care of... and not to believe what I see on forums....okay? It looks like the MY23 4S Sedan comes with manual steering even if you opt for the 18way seats. so not a short period of time.

When I contacted Porsche Bellingham on the other hand, I had a better connection. I understand they are much smaller compared to Bellevue and so they probably care more. They didn't have any allocations and said couldn't add me to their waitlist.

imaznation

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
From what I’ve seen, Porsche Bellevue gets about 1.25% of all USA allocations. So yes, it’s pretty significant. I do believe the claim that they are top 4 in the country by sales volume is correct (LA and FL are the higher-ranked ones).

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
I was looking for a GTS back in November and got in touch with most of the dealers in WA.

Porsche Bellevue may be the highest volume dealer in this area, but their customer service was definitely lackluster. These cars essentially sell themselves, seems like the sales team knew that and didn’t try very hard with answering any of my questions. They also wanted a $15K ADM for the GTS.

On the other hand, I had a fantastic experience at Porsche Bellingham. My SA mentioned off the bat that they‘re not asking over MSRP and were generally much more helpful than the other Porsche dealers I spoke with in the area. They wanted a $3k refundable deposit and mentioned that I would be second on the waiting list - got my allocation about a month later. The team there has been excellent throughout the process.

FWIW, Porsche Bellingham is apparently the only “premier” Porsche dealer in Washington according to this (couldn’t find a more recently list)

Last edited:

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I should clarify that my negative experience isn't cause they wanted a deposit. It was more of how much the SA bragged about Porsche Bellevue being the 4th dealership in the nation and how better they are compared to the other 2 dealers in WA. I have not found a single source online that proves they're ranked that high. Also, they only get 2-3 allocations of Taycan 4S per month according to the SA, Is that a lot?

When I brought up the manual steering wheel, he kinda argued how that was for only a short period of time and customers affected were taken care of... and not to believe what I see on forums....okay? It looks like the MY23 4S Sedan comes with manual steering even if you opt for the 18way seats. so not a short period of time.

When I contacted Porsche Bellingham on the other hand, I had a better connection. I understand they are much smaller compared to Bellevue and so they probably care more. They didn't have any allocations and said couldn't add me to their waitlist.
Got it, I guess it depends on who your SA is? I don’t have any of what you described at all with my Porsche Bellevue SA, he was very cool and answered all my questions, no bragging or pushing to close the sale.

sebseb

First Name
Seb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535i
Country flag
I was looking for a GTS back in November and got in touch with most of the dealers in WA.

Porsche Bellevue may be the highest volume dealer in this area, but their customer service was definitely lackluster. These cars essentially sell themselves, seems like the sales team knew that and didn’t try very hard with answering any of my questions. They also wanted a $15K ADM for the GTS.

On the other hand, I had a fantastic experience at Porsche Bellingham. My SA mentioned off the bat that they‘re not asking over MSRP and were generally much more helpful than the other Porsche dealers I spoke with in the area. They wanted a $3k refundable deposit and mentioned that I would be second on the waiting list - got my allocation about a month later. The team there has been excellent throughout the process.

FWIW, Porsche Bellingham is apparently the only “premier” Porsche dealer in Washington according to this (couldn’t find a more recently list)
Yup, exactly my experience. Bellevue also told me the GTS has a $15K ADM but the 4S didn't.

I did notice Bellingham was on the premier list back in 2019. I didn't get to discuss deposits with them as they told me they didn't want to add more to their waitlist and with current market, not sure when I would get an allocation. The SA did tell me about an Audi E-Tron and even recorded a custom video for me. Although a nice car and much cheaper, there's just something about the Taycan.

Got it, I guess it depends on who your SA is? I don’t have any of what you described at all with my Porsche Bellevue SA, he was very cool and answered all my questions, no bragging or pushing to close the sale.
First time I visited their dealership last year, I met another SA and yeah he was much much nicer. Both SAs I dealt with didn't see pushy at all and let me test drive the Taycan. The latter one just didn't seem to care much about my concerns. Also didn't respond to my email about two build configs I sent him.

I do appreciate you all sharing your experiences.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I went with RWD and got the immediately available June 2022 production allocation that locked at the end of April with a delivery ETA of September 2022.
@poppap did you get yours yet?

@sebseb the line for 4CT was way shorter at P of Bellevue than that for 4S (8 vs 34+ back in Aug). (Btw, for 4S the queues are combined for both body styles.) They do indeed only get a handful of allocations every quarter, with 0-2 of those for the wagon.

However, as the economy soured a bit, new allocations are showing up and an active dealer would try and trade spots. It's worth checking again.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag

@sebseb the line for 4CT was way shorter at P of Bellevue than that for 4S (8 vs 34+ back in Aug). (Btw, for 4S the queues are combined for both body styles.) They do indeed only get a handful of allocations every quarter, with 0-2 of those for the wagon.

However, as the economy soured a bit, new allocations are showing up and an active dealer would try and trade spots. It's worth checking again.
P Bellevue last week for a GTS Sport Turismo was 8-12 months, MSRP + $10,000, and $5K deposit. Don't mind the deposit, but no go for me on paying more than MSRP. As a repeat customer, I decidied to not buy there again.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

sebseb

First Name
Seb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535i
Country flag

Yeah I really don't like the CT body style and wanted the 4S power. I end up placing an order for an X5 45e since they said I could get delivery in 2-3 months. Also the X5 still qualifies for the $7500 tax rebate so seemed like a solid purchase. Hopefully once the supply chain issues are sorted out, I can trade it for a Taycan.

P of Bellevue had (they still might) a really nice * NEW2020 Turbo S model for sale that was used for show rooms. I think they were asking for like $187k which was above my budget.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
From what I’ve seen, Porsche Bellevue gets about 1.25% of all USA allocations. So yes, it’s pretty significant. I do believe the claim that they are top 4 in the country by sales volume is correct (LA and FL are the higher-ranked ones).
1.25%, interesting. From what they told me, they have only sold one Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo, ever. That's one allocation since Cross Turismo was announced, which would mean there have only been 80 TCT's allocated for the USA since the car entered production. Given that CT and sedan Turbo allocations have been combined recently and the queue at Bellevue is not moving, where are all those thousands of Taycans that Porsche is claiming to sell in the USA going?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Hey there WA owners. Have you and would you recommend any specific place to do tint for a Taycan?

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you so much for the insight. I’ve been playing around in ABRP and Bellingham and Mt. Vernon would be viable stops depending on charge levels.

I do intend to spend a few of days up in BC and so I’m looking at hotels with chargers so that should provide a better buffer.

I haven’t found anything on whether our access to Electrify America would translate to access to Electrify Canada’s network but it also looks like that network is much more sparse.

Great photos. Definitely looking forward to sunnier days in our region.
I'm really curious about how Electrify Canada works with a US Taycan. While I hope we still get 30 min free charging (first 3 years of course), I'd be Ok if Plug & Charge worked and I had to pay.

Has anyone tried this out?
Sponsored