snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anybody have recommendations for a body shop in the Seattle/Bellevue area?

I finally picked up my Taycan GTS about 2 weeks ago! Planned to have the car tinted, install a dash cam, PPF, etc.

Dropped off my car for tints this morning, got a call 15 minutes after I left - the technician had an accident and drove my car into some metal railings. They said the bumper needs to be replaced and that they'll "do everything they can to make this right" and will pay for all the repairs, still waiting for a call from the shop owner about it.

Queen City has been recommended to me, but their next available appointment is in March. Does anybody have recommendations for other good body shops in the area? Or should I wait 4 months for Queen City?
I love Queen City, so I think I’d wait. Very professional people there. I spoke with David Bourgeois about a repair before it turned out that my first Taycan had to be totaled due to a twisted frame.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
How bad is the damage? I had a scratch incident and took a long time to get in as well.. their work is top notch and worth it! If you can live with it for a bit the result is there - pandemic\supply chains are still a mess.

Last edited:

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How bad is the damage? I had a scratch incident and took a long time to get in ask well.. their work is top notch and worth it! If you can live with it for a bit the result is there - pandemic\supply chains are still a mess.
Good point @philbur.

@spicyypenguin - You might consider taking the car into QC and having them order the bumper because it might take three months for the bumper to arrive.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
How bad is the damage? I had a scratch incident and took a long time to get in as well.. their work is top notch and worth it! If you can live with it for a bit the result is there - pandemic\supply chains are still a mess.
There are some scrapes and punctures - doesn't look too bad from far away. A chunk of the bumper has been torn out and there's also some damage to one of the sensors in that area. Sometimes the car will alert me that there's an obstacle right in front of me while driving, probably due to that damaged sensor. The dealer is concerned that this may trigger an emergency stop and advised me to not drive the car in the meantime.

But yeah, I've got Queen City scheduled for an estimate next week - everyone seems to suggest this place so it may be worth the wait like you said. The dealer also recommended Eurotech, they've worked with them before and can put my repair as a priority job since it's a new car, so I'll drop by their shop as well.

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners IMG_0662

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners IMG_0667

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners IMG_0663

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Sometimes the car will alert me that there's an obstacle right in front of me while driving, probably due to that damaged sensor. The dealer is concerned that this may trigger an emergency stop and advised me to not drive the car in the meantime.
Somehow I find it very infuriating that a slightly brushed proximity sensor can render a car undriveable.

Good luck with the repairs, curious to find out the ETA on parts.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Thanks. ETA on parts isn't so bad, the body shops and dealership said that the bumper comes in 2-3 business days and they can get on that as soon as the cost of repair is approved.

The tint shop owner ended up going through his insurance - and they're only willing to pay for the bumper to be repaired, not replaced. The 3 shops I spoke with (Queen City, Eurotech, and Haury's) all insisted that the bumper be replaced since a repair wouldn't be up to their standards.

The shop owner isn't willing to cover the difference of repair vs. replacement since he insisted that he's already done the right thing by providing insurance coverage.

I'm at a loss of what to do from here. Is it worth threatening legal action (e.g. small claims court) to obtain the difference? My concern is that if we go down this route, the court may agree that a bumper repair is suitable for the damages and this would just get me back to where I'm currently at.

I certainly don't want to pay the difference myself - but is that really my option here if I want the bumper to be replaced? Sigh, not really sure where to go from here.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thanks. ETA on parts isn't so bad, the body shops and dealership said that the bumper comes in 2-3 business days and they can get on that as soon as the cost of repair is approved.

The tint shop owner ended up going through his insurance - and they're only willing to pay for the bumper to be repaired, not replaced. The 3 shops I spoke with (Queen City, Eurotech, and Haury's) all insisted that the bumper be replaced since a repair wouldn't be up to their standards.

The shop owner isn't willing to cover the difference of repair vs. replacement since he insisted that he's already done the right thing by providing insurance coverage.

I'm at a loss of what to do from here. Is it worth threatening legal action (e.g. small claims court) to obtain the difference? My concern is that if we go down this route, the court may agree that a bumper repair is suitable for the damages and this would just get me back to where I'm currently at.

I certainly don't want to pay the difference myself - but is that really my option here if I want the bumper to be replaced? Sigh, not really sure where to go from here.
Have you talked with your car insurance, have them get involved, perhaps even pay you for a full repair as per their standards (rather than tint shop insurance standards), then they go after the tint shop insurance and/or the shop for recompense? At least you can find out if your own insurance standards would require bumper replacement or only repair.

Last edited:

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Haury's on Lake City Way is a Porsche Certified Collision Center. They are booking out a couple months. I'm set to have some work done there. Prior to seeing them, I spoke with Queen City and Exotic Motors - both are excellent. Yet, they too are booking out a couple months - after the parts arrive. Everyone is just really full up.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

I agree with @whitex that the first step is to report this to your insurance company and have them take the lead in handling the repair. Make sure you give them the names of the repair firms you’ve talked to and let them know that only full replacement was recommended.

As a second step I would hire a lawyer to go after the shop that caused the damage for a “diminished value” claim. Any time a car is in an accident it affects its resale value. With expensive cars the diminished value can be quite large - much more than the repair itself.

While I have never used this firm, the latest edition of Spiel (Pacific NW Porsche Club magazine) had an ad on page 9 for a firm called Galileo Law. They claim to be “the leading Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and exotic vehicle diminished value practice in Washington”.

I have no experience with these guys, but if you know any lawyers you might ask around to see of they are reputable or not. After talking with a lawyer about the diminished value claim, you could have them contact the tint shop owner and explain how bad things are going to get before this is over.

In my experience the legal approach guarantees you have their attention, and they will be more likely to give you whatever you ask for (e.g., you start with repair using a new bumper and your diminished value claim, and go from there).

Good luck and keep us posted.

P.S. All things being equal, I’m still in favor of Queen City. Get the bumper fixed correctly and enjoy the hell out of this car…

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
If anyone in the wider Seattle area wants my TeslaTap Mini (60A) and/or Lectron household outlet EVSE, give me a shout. For Taycan forum members I'll give them away for free. Can be picked up downtown Seattle or delivered in the wider Seattle area until Sunday!

Update: TeslaTap gone!

Last edited:

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If anyone in the wider Seattle area wants my TeslaTap Mini (60A) and/or Lectron household outlet EVSE, give me a shout. For Taycan forum members I'll give them away for free. Can be picked up downtown Seattle or delivered in the wider Seattle area until Sunday!

Text: two oh six, seven tree five, five too six six
I'm still bummed that you lost the job with Meta. Truly sucks, and at the same time I admire your attitude.

No chance something else could pop up to keep you here?

P.S. I have a coster from "Mort Subite" in Brussels on my desk. Love the beer there...

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
@snstevens I'm on an L1 visa, which can't be transferred. I also have no degree (I'm one of those college dropouts who somehow made their way into a big tech job), which means I don't qualify for any other work visa really. There's no reasonable way for me to stay in the US. Thanks for your message though, I appreciate it!

I've really missed Europe, so I'm looking forward to moving there. I'm going to be working at Northvolt, writing software to improve the actual production process in the factories. That way I get to contribute to the move to sustainable mobility, rather than just enjoy it!

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag

Text: two oh six, seven tree five, five too six six
Sorry for what happened to you. I'm interested in the TeslaTap Mini as I have a tesla charger and a Taycan coming. Will text you.
Sponsored