snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yup, exactly my experience. Bellevue also told me the GTS has a $15K ADM but the 4S didn't.

I did notice Bellingham was on the premier list back in 2019. I didn't get to discuss deposits with them as they told me they didn't want to add more to their waitlist and with current market, not sure when I would get an allocation. The SA did tell me about an Audi E-Tron and even recorded a custom video for me. Although a nice car and much cheaper, there's just something about the Taycan.

First time I visited their dealership last year, I met another SA and yeah he was much much nicer. Both SAs I dealt with didn't see pushy at all and let me test drive the Taycan. The latter one just didn't seem to care much about my concerns. Also didn't respond to my email about two build configs I sent him.

I do appreciate you all sharing your experiences.
The Sales Associate I've used at Bellevue Porsche is great. If anyone needs a name just contact me directly.
Sponsored

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Man the PNW section is bare. Any pNW owners here?
Welcome from Kirkland!

The PNW Porsche club is very active, but only a couple of Taycans show at events. Try it out, and of course I'm up for coffee any time.

Some pictures of my 2021 4s, Ice Grey. Here it is on "pickup" day at the dealer.

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners IMG_1089

At Deception Pass, and NO, I'm not towing an Airstream. ;)

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners 7D6645E5-EC50-497A-8D7B-0BCF26BD7615

At the PNW Club Grand Display at Carillon Point.

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners 65317618991__5BD87B11-4476-43C2-8922-0F1F850F6FFE

Charging at Quinault Lodge on the Olympic Peninsula. The closest Electrify America is in Aberdeen, and both the hotel charger and the EA charger worked great.

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners IMG_5147

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
I'm really curious about how Electrify Canada works with a US Taycan. While I hope we still get 30 min free charging (first 3 years of course), I'd be Ok if Plug & Charge worked and I had to pay.

Has anyone tried this out?
Its a no go, at least on free charging. My 2020 never heard about plug & charge. You're spending the Queen's (I mean King's...) dollars. Get the Flo app, some pretty good chargers in BC and Alberta.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Welcome from Kirkland!

The PNW Porsche club is very active, but only a couple of Taycans show at events. Try it out, and of course I'm up for coffee any time.

Some pictures of my 2021 4s, Ice Grey. Here it is on "pickup" day at the dealer.

IMG_1089.jpeg

At Deception Pass, and NO, I'm not towing an Airstream. ;)

7D6645E5-EC50-497A-8D7B-0BCF26BD7615.jpeg

At the PNW Club Grand Display at Carillon Point.

65317618991__5BD87B11-4476-43C2-8922-0F1F850F6FFE.jpeg

Charging at Quinault Lodge on the Olympic Peninsula. The closest Electrify America is in Aberdeen, and both the hotel charger and the EA charger worked great.

IMG_5147.jpeg
Quinault Lodge is a terrific spot to stay on the Peninsula loop! Did that last year and parked in that spot. With this and the EA in Port Townsend, now a nice circuit.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The Sales Associate I've used at Bellevue Porsche is great. If anyone needs a name just contact me directly.
I've had a generally ok experience with Bellevue Porsche, though my experience there is limited to taking a test drive putting down a deposit to get on a waitlist for a Taycan @MSRP, exchanging a few emails, test driving an inventory car a year later, then taking my deposit back few months after that. The original SA left during that time, a new one was assigned,. If I was to extrapolate based on the rate they told me that Porsche was giving them allocations, I had 3+ years to go before getting an allocation.

I would go back there for my next Porsche, but they would not be the only dealership I'd be talking to. With the shortages of allocations and dealers not trading allocations anymore, nowadays you have to talk to different dealers to try to hunt one down.

Last edited:

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After buying my Taycan out of lease I decided to PPF the front-end. There was one chip (1/8" diameter), and it was expertly repaired by Chis at SameDay USA in Redmond/Bellevue area. Then in it went for the PPF.

While I was there my Ice Gray was next to a RubyStone Taycan with the same Mission-E wheels. What a great color! Here they are as the techs are working on them. (Note - Rubystone is Paint to Sample and was used in the 1990's on the 911 - see link above).

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners Taycan PPF

Happy to meet up with those of you in the Seattle/Eastside area sometime if there is interest.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey everyone. My Taycan is not arriving till December at the earliest, but what places around here would you recommend for window tint, perhaps other more advanced mods?

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey everyone. My Taycan is not arriving till December at the earliest, but what places around here would you recommend for window tint, perhaps other more advanced mods?
I use Metropolitan Detail in Redmond for the PPF, ceramic coating, etc. I like their work and they provide a loaner. I've also heard good things about Eastside Auto Salon in Bellevue.

For dings and curb scrapes on the wheels I use Same Day USA. Talk to Chris Kirk.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I use Metropolitan Detail in Redmond for the PPF, ceramic coating, etc. I like their work and they provide a loaner. I've also heard good things about Eastside Auto Salon in Bellevue.

For dings and curb scrapes on the wheels I use Same Day USA. Talk to Chris Kirk.
Any recommendation for things like built-in radar/laser install?

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Anybody have recommendations for a body shop in the Seattle/Bellevue area?

I finally picked up my Taycan GTS about 2 weeks ago! Planned to have the car tinted, install a dash cam, PPF, etc.

Dropped off my car for tints this morning, got a call 15 minutes after I left - the technician had an accident and drove my car into some metal railings. They said the bumper needs to be replaced and that they'll "do everything they can to make this right" and will pay for all the repairs, still waiting for a call from the shop owner about it.

Queen City has been recommended to me, but their next available appointment is in March. Does anybody have recommendations for other good body shops in the area? Or should I wait 4 months for Queen City?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anybody have recommendations for a body shop in the Seattle/Bellevue area?

I finally picked up my Taycan GTS about 2 weeks ago! Planned to have the car tinted, install a dash cam, PPF, etc.

Dropped off my car for tints this morning, got a call 15 minutes after I left - the technician had an accident and drove my car into some metal railings. They said the bumper needs to be replaced and that they'll "do everything they can to make this right" and will pay for all the repairs, still waiting for a call from the shop owner about it.

Queen City has been recommended to me, but their next available appointment is in March. Does anybody have recommendations for other good body shops in the area? Or should I wait 4 months for Queen City?
Ouch! Renting a Taycan replacement till April might be very expensive for the shop which did the damage. Hopefully they are insured for that. After bumper replacement you will need recalibration of the front camera(s) too, for which you might have to take it into a dealership.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Ouch! Renting a Taycan replacement till April might be very expensive for the shop which did the damage. Hopefully they are insured for that. After bumper replacement you will need recalibration of the front camera(s) too, for which you might have to take it into a dealership.
Yeah, I spoke with several shops and they also mentioned the same about how they'll do the body work but will send it to the dealer for any sensor/camera recalibrations. Looks like one of the sensor on the front bumper was damaged as well so that'll definitely need to be replaced.

On the bright side, I found another body shop (Eurotech Bodywerkes in Kirkland) that specializes in Porsches and seems to be wider recommended on Rennlist. They have some availability in December, so if all goes well everything will be taken care of before the end of the year. But in the meantime, if anybody here has a shop they'd recommend please let me know.
Sponsored