UserNameRequired

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model 3/X
Country flag
Hey pnw Washington folks. I’m excited to have a gts on order. Our family likes to spend time out in Roslyn but it seems pretty light on charging if you’re not a Tesla. Does anyone have tips for situations like this? My guess is my only option is to charge at Ellensburg where they have an EA? This is a bit worrying.
Sponsored

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey pnw Washington folks. I’m excited to have a gts on order. Our family likes to spend time out in Roslyn but it seems pretty light on charging if you’re not a Tesla. Does anyone have tips for situations like this? My guess is my only option is to charge at Ellensburg where they have an EA? This is a bit worrying.
The pictures of the Tesla Supercharger network at Cle Elum show another charger type next to the Tesla supercharger. Check that out and let me know what it is the next time you're in the area.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Hey pnw Washington folks. I’m excited to have a gts on order. Our family likes to spend time out in Roslyn but it seems pretty light on charging if you’re not a Tesla. Does anyone have tips for situations like this?
Suncadia seems to have a J-1772 station, 7.2kW. Not sure if it's restricted to resort guests.

We also spend a lot of time in that area; my plan for the next trip is to ask the host if they have/are willing to allow access to any 240V outlet they may have. Virtually every property in that area has an RV, and/or a workshop-like detached garage. On a side note, I've been looking at RV/NEMA 14-50 extension cords - they're not cheap.

UserNameRequired

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Suncadia seems to have a J-1772 station, 7.2kW. Not sure if it's restricted to resort guests.

We also spend a lot of time in that area; my plan for the next trip is to ask the host if they have/are willing to allow access to any 240V outlet they may have. Virtually every property in that area has an RV, and/or a workshop-like detached garage. On a side note, I've been looking at RV/NEMA 14-50 extension cords - they're not cheap.
Yeah, that's where we usually stay. It's the type of charger and place where folks will just plug it in and leave it for several days. I was able to use it once on a Wednesday. I think on weekends there'd be too much demand.

Like you said, the other option is to use a host. I am sure the car could make it round trip and use the 120v to add 10 miles or so a night. My wife is all like 'well, we'll just take my Tesla' and of course I can't lose this particular argument. :D

I hadn't considered a 240V extension cord though. Maybe, the last place I stayed at, the garage had two beefy heaters plugged into a 240. The garage was set up as a family playroom so I couldn't just pull the car into it :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Like you said, the other option is to use a host. I am sure the car could make it round trip and use the 120v to add 10 miles or so a night. My wife is all like 'well, we'll just take my Tesla' and of course I can't lose this particular argument. :D
Sounds like you need to swap out your wife's Tesla for a CCS car, or wait a while. Otherwise you will have a hard time winning the "Let's take the Taycan road tripping" argument. I'll be in the same boat as you once I pick up my Taycan later this month - wife's Model S might be better for trips to CCS deserts.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I use Metropolitan Detail in Redmond for the PPF, ceramic coating, etc. I like their work and they provide a loaner. I've also heard good things about Eastside Auto Salon in Bellevue.

For dings and curb scrapes on the wheels I use Same Day USA. Talk to Chris Kirk.
Just a quick update, Metropolitan does not do tint, at least at this time. I ended up doing mine at the Blue Star Auto Salon in Everett - pretty good experience (about to finally roll window down tomorrow ;) ). One more Taycan in the PNW.
Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners 1678004537950

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Anyone going to German Car Day at Exotics at Redmond Car Day? 5/27 9 to 11am.
Out of town or I’d have made it.

PNWR had a new members event last year at Black Raven Woodinville - not one Taycan in sight. I’m not sure when this year’s event will be held, but we best be out there and represent. (The beer is pretty good, too.)

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’m going to try to be there. ;)
I stopped by to say hello. Unfortunatley you were talking with someone for a bit.

Your car looks fantastic. I have the PCCB brakes, but had not yet see the rotors mirrored, which I know they get to. I thought it adds a little bling!

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well nuts! Wish you had interrupted me. I was just having fun talking about Taycans ;)

I saw 3 Taycans in my walk-around but didn’t see the owners, and none of these appears to match your profile picture. Perhaps I missed your car?
Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners IMG_7617

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners IMG_7612

Porsche Taycan PNW Washington taycan owners IMG_7611

UserNameRequired

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just a quick update, Metropolitan does not do tint, at least at this time. I ended up doing mine at the Blue Star Auto Salon in Everett - pretty good experience (about to finally roll window down tomorrow ;) ). One more Taycan in the PNW.
1678004537950.png
Did you do the wrap at blue star or just the tint? I’m starting to look for places and would love reviews.