buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Second autocross outing for the the Taycan 4s in weather much better than last month. Based on learnings from last month, started the pressure at 36 PSI (37 according to the in car TPMS) and kept it there by bleeding out air between runs. Tires took 2 runs before coming alive and getting up to proper temperature. By the end of the day, we started driving the car even more aggressively and 36 PSI was borderline sufficient for preventing rollover.

Biggest learning for the day is to turn off ALL PSM. Even in PSM sport, the Taycan just isn't able to transition fast enough in the slaloms. Once I turned it off completely, I was able to use more aggressive turn in to get the rear end to move properly.

During fun runs, the brakes did get cooked after the fourth runs. Something to watch out for when you're on the standard brakes.

So far signs are pretty positive in how competitive the Taycan can be. Next season, I'll be going on 285/305 setup on some proper 240tw Extreme summers which will probably drop the time by another 1-2s.

Also, video is much better when I remembered to turn off the mic mute on the dashcam.

Sponsored

OP
OP
buruburu

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A fellow autocross (Brent) was at the event taking photos and he managed to take a video of me moving my Taycan on the 4th run going thru the slaloms and the final turnaround.

Thanks a bunch Brent!!!