Poll - did you get the Power Charge Port and would you change if you could?

Did you get the Power Charge Port and would you change if you could?

• Total voters

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I did not buy it and have no regrets. Two less actuators to go bad.
Sponsored

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
The only option that is going to make a significant difference to resale value is the bigger battery for the 4S.
Color may trump the larger battery.

Deano

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi Bruce
The powered charging port was something that I thought I didn’t need, but was the only thing I added after submitting my order with the dealer.
It is just a little bit of theatre that I just had to have.
Once she saw it working, my wife could see no reason not to have it too.
It’s something unique.
Its great show off piece...once, and as i charge at home my wife is now bored of it.
Id rather Porsche offer me a way of putting my spoiler up !!!!!

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which colors do you think will do well in resale?
Silver is the least polarizing and works as casual or elegant. Black and white are polarizing but both have large followings. Virtually every other color has a love - hate relationship.
My 0.02 cents (own agate grey, black & red Porsche vehicles).

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I’ve not locked my order down yet but I definitely will leave this selected on my option list. Having driven electric vehicles for last two and a half years I can tell you it’s easy to leave the charger door open.

I currently own a BMW i3 and Volvo XC90 (Hybrid). On the i3 have to unlock the vehicle before you can unlock the charger door. On the Volvo I can open the charger door even when the vehicle is locked. For the obvious reason, both vehicles need to be unlocked before the charging cable can be unplugged. I’m not sure if the manual charger door on the Taycan can be opened whilst the car is locked. I’ve always been concerned about it not being tamper proof on the Volvo. The Taycan electric charging port cover looks more secure whilst the vehicle is charging, in my opinion.

AndreasLondon

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a manual port on my other car and I keep forgetting to close it after I unplug the power cable as you take the cable out and then store it away at the wall charger. So I once drove off the port door while reversing out of the garage and had since multiple times that I forgot to close. So could be just me, but in that context happy to not have that issue with the Taycan.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Regarding the auto-closing: what's the deal with people forgetting to close their charging port covers? I don't think I've ever forgotten to close my petrol[gas] flap. This is my first EV though, so I've never had to charge at home, perhaps there's something about that that's different from filling up petrol[gas] station?

Anyway, this power charge port is completely unnecessary - but it's cool. It's on my order!
Looking forward to running my finger under the sensor, the flap opening the then hearing the sounds of "ooooh" from the gathered crowd :CWL:
(or alternatively: running my finder under the sensor, waiting ... nothing ... nothing .. "hang on a minute" .. waiting .. "let me do it again" .. waiting .. "it worked yesterday"..)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
1st off you're using the charge point 4-5 days a week if you're charging overnight for your daily usage…so much more frequent that gasoline - also generally speaking you are focused on removing the plug and hanging it up (normally not in arms reach of the charge port) - so you unplug - walk to PMCC - hang up the charge plug- return to driver's seat- drive away - boom! you've left the charge port cover door open…

with gas you - remove the fuel filler - hang up the fuel filler, restore the gas cap, and since you're already there close the cover…since you "return" to the scene of the crime you clean it all up like any good criminal…

unplugging an EV is more of a un-plug and walk away affair - this is especially true at public chargers (fast chargers in particular)

with EV's it's very very easy to unplug the car and simply not close the flap since the rhythm is unplug and go…

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
1st off you're using the charge point 4-5 days a week if you're charging overnight for your daily usage…so much more frequent that gasoline - also generally speaking you are focused on removing the plug and hanging it up (normally not in arms reach of the charge port) - so you unplug - walk to PMCC - hang up the charge plug- return to driver's seat- drive away - boom! you've left the charge port cover door open…

with gas you - remove the fuel filler - hang up the fuel filler, restore the gas cap, and since you're already there close the cover…since you "return" to the scene of the crime you clean it all up like any good criminal…

unplugging an EV is more of a un-plug and walk away affair - this is especially true at public chargers (fast chargers in particular)

with EV's it's very very easy to unplug the car and simply not close the flap since the rhythm is unplug and go…
Unless you unplug with one hand and close the manual cover with the other hand before walking back to the charger.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No gas experience in Oregon - the law requires a station attendant refuel your vehicle!

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I have no problem with gimmicks on cars, as they can be fun and add to the experience.
However, in my opinion, the electric power charge port cover really spoils the lines of the car.
I'm sure they could have easily made the sensor more flush to the body, and it would have looked so much nicer...

As always, beauty is in the eye of beholder :)

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
Hi Bruce
The powered charging port was something that I thought I didn’t need, but was the only thing I added after submitting my order with the dealer.
It is just a little bit of theatre that I just had to have.
Once she saw it working, my wife could see no reason not to have it too.
It’s something unique.
Exactly same happens on me, I submitted the order, and after couple days, added powered charge port there, because I think I will regret if I don't have it.
Sponsored