POLL: Is your Taycan missing the Charging Planner

POLL: Is your taycan missing the Charging Planner?

• Total voters

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Did you get any freebie? Not that it matters much.. i also got a Porsche grocery bag. Maybe it’s a dealership thing…
I got a kit mailed to me later with a pen and a booklet.

Deleted member 6348

Did you get any freebie? Not that it matters much.. i also got a Porsche grocery bag. Maybe it’s a dealership thing…
I got a hat, mug, T-shirt. Received my standard Pen and book via mail about 3 weeks later.

When I bought my 992 in 2019, I had a monthly parade of Porsche freebies for about six months -- largely a function of it being a totally new 911 generation.

Back to topic, I have PIRM and I find it to be worth it. Very accurate on battery estimates, adjusts top speed in Range mode dynamically. Works more/less seamlessly.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I did a two hour trip today and the battery temp hovered around 90F the whole time. It’s interesting the ideal temp for charging is b/w 105 and 110F. Outside temp is 80 today
I saw this on the technical review video posted on here. The ideal temp for DC fast charge is between 86F-90F.
Porsche Taycan POLL: Is your Taycan missing the Charging Planner Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 12.17.01 PM

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW M6; Porsche Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Sorry, not following you. I don’t even have route options.
seems to be missing on some of the MY22. My GTS came and it was missing. Hoping to hear #1 if Porsche has confirmed this as a problem and more importantly #2 when will they be able to fix it.

jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
I found that my planning improved when I updated my desired charge at arrival. The default is too low.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
I got a hat, mug, T-shirt. Received my standard Pen and book via mail about 3 weeks later.

When I bought my 992 in 2019, I had a monthly parade of Porsche freebies for about six months -- largely a function of it being a totally new 911 generation.

Back to topic, I have PIRM and I find it to be worth it. Very accurate on battery estimates, adjusts top speed in Range mode dynamically. Works more/less seamlessly.
Wife got a $300 gift voucher to spend in the Porsche gift shop at the dealership. She purchased a jacket, hat, keychain and some other knickknacks.

Mook

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Cayenne Turbo S, Merc 560SL
Country flag
What about charging planner? Are you able to set minimum charge at destination or priority Porsche charging services?

The purpose of the poll is to find a pattern so I can present it to Porsche support, but it doesn't seem to be working...
I can set minimum charge at destination on my Porsche MY21 Taycan Turbo S - please see the link below - recommend the Porsche Whisperer who is terrific in hittting some of the hot points we owners need to be aware of. All MY2020's that have had the software upgrade are also capable of setting the SOC.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 650s, Mustang ME, Taycan CT4
Country flag
Thank you to all who’ve responded to the polls.​
Am I correct in assuming that all with missing charging planners have built dates between 01/15/22 and 2/25/22?​
Please respond if yours is outside of that range.​

pecla716

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you to all who’ve responded to the polls.​
Am I correct in assuming that all with missing charging planners have built dates between 01/15/22 and 2/25/22?​
Please respond if yours is outside of that range.​
My build completion date was 12/28/21.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I have no idea how or why, but my Charging Planner menu has magically appeared today! Base Taycan, no PIRM, built mid-January.

Does it work? Yes, although it gets very confused by ferries. If it needs to add a charging stop after a ferry it just gets stuck "thinking" about the charging plan.

Porsche Taycan POLL: Is your Taycan missing the Charging Planner 20220428_173518.JPG

Porsche Taycan POLL: Is your Taycan missing the Charging Planner 20220428_173536.JPG

Porsche Taycan POLL: Is your Taycan missing the Charging Planner 20220428_173556.JPG

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have no idea how or why, but my Charging Planner menu has magically appeared today! Base Taycan, no PIRM, built mid-January.

Does it work? Yes, although it gets very confused by ferries. If it needs to add a charging stop after a ferry it just gets stuck "thinking" about the charging plan.

20220428_173518.JPG

20220428_173536.JPG

20220428_173556.JPG
Of course when I saw your post, I immediately checked mine and lo and behold, it's there too! My Taycan is now complete. I love it.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I have a feeling this is related to the backend update that was done for the '20 and '21 cars, and I also think this likely means FoD will be available for '22 cars very soon.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a feeling this is related to the backend update that was done for the '20 and '21 cars, and I also think this likely means FoD will be available for '22 cars very soon.
Upon further analysis though, my Porsche Charging Plan is not active yet though. So even though the Charge Plan menu option is there, all of the submenus are disabled. For example, I still unable to change the destination charge level, and now it no longer add any charging destination in my route leaving me a negative SOC at arrival. But, I am sure it'll update itself in the coming hours or days. So, the excitement was short lived.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 650s, Mustang ME, Taycan CT4
Country flag
Upon further analysis though, my Porsche Charging Plan is not active yet though. So even though the Charge Plan menu option is there, all of the submenus are disabled. For example, I still unable to change the destination charge level, and now it no longer add any charging destination in my route leaving me a negative SOC at arrival. But, I am sure it'll update itself in the coming hours or days. So, the excitement was short lived.
I'm in the same boat as you. Everything in the charging planner is greyed out for me. In the Porsche Connect submenu in PCM, it showed invalid contract for the charging planner. At least things are moving in the right direction. Good job to @Ambroos in noticing the change.
Sponsored

Last edited: