First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Hi folks!

We’ll, what a surprise and a personal best!

Today I downloaded the new “myporsche” 2.0 app. I logged in, and it does seem to work.

Minding my own business, I later checked my email and found a Porsche Smart Mobility, Inc., email, informing me that PSMI had just charged me the aforementioned $2K. Gosh! My most expensive app — ever! PSMI, in their email, said an invoice was attached. Nope. There was no invoice, just some boilerplate privacy and terms of service stuff. On to the phones.

After the customary wait, Porsche support confirmed that I had aleady paid, in the exact same amount, for the same services last summer. (Shortly after I took delivery, I had signed up for innodrive and active lane keeping.) So it appears I was somehow double billed.

I will be contesting the charge with my CC company. I am posting this cautionary tale on the chance that others downloading the app may be affected as well. I had never previously used this app, only Porsche Connect and Charging NA. Of course, it may be a one off.

Steve
Sponsored

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
I have them too. it is free.
Thx.
Observe, though: the app correctly determined that I had both services installed, but it (or, more likely, some back end processing) did not know that the services previously had been paid for. So something is wrong, somewhere. I’m assuming it’s a software issue, and, if so, others may be affected.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Hi folks!

Today I downloaded the new “myporsche” 2.0 app. I logged in, and it does seem to work.

Minding my own business, I later checked my email and found a Porsche Smart Mobility, Inc., email, informing me that PSMI had just charged me the aforementioned $2K. Gosh! My most expensive app — ever! PSMI, in their email, said an invoice was attached. Nope. There was no invoice, just some boilerplate privacy and terms of service stuff. On to the phones.

After the customary wait, Porsche support confirmed that I had aleady paid, in the exact same amount, for the same services last summer. (Shortly after I took delivery, I had signed up for innodrive and active lane keeping.) So it appears I was somehow double billed.

I will be contesting the charge with my CC company. I am posting this cautionary tale on the chance that others downloading the app may be affected as well. I had never previously used this app, only Porsche Connect and Charging NA. Of course, it may be a one off.

Steve
I just uploaded it and it was free. Supposedly it combined all other functions. We’ll see.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I downloaded the app yesterday as well and deleted the "Connect" and "Charging NA" app. So far so good.

If they charged you $2K does that mean that after our free subscriptions expire it'll cost us $2K a year moving forward?? :oops:

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi folks!

Steve
I disputed a bogus Porsche charge - after getting nowhere with Porsche. Their answer was to delete my vehicle from my Porsche ID and not let me get back on. So be forewarned...

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Looks like we are heading for "Appgate". They better be careful or the US will hit them with RICO - Lord knows what EU equivalent would be!
I doubt that there is some nefarious purpose behind what happened to me. Rather, until I receive a better explanation from Porsche, I’m assuming they have a systems problem that requires attention. If true, others will face a similar experience. I posted mine to put others on alert.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Here no issue whatsoever. New app installed, fluid connection with Porsche ID and with the car. Better functionalities, more possibilities, nicer look and feel and user experience. All in all not yet perfect, but certainly a big upgrade compared to the Connect app.

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I doubt that there is some nefarious purpose behind what happened to me. Rather, until I receive a better explanation from Porsche, I’m assuming they have a systems problem that requires attention. If true, others will face a similar experience. I posted mine to put others on alert.
All the best getting your money back, and I appreciate that you appear to be calm about it at this point (which I certainly condone). I'm sure it is a software glitch or administrative oversight. I genuinely believe that things like this can always be solved with a little patience and sometimes some tenacity, safe in the knowledge that the truth will prevail.

Even if this is a problem between the keyboard and the chair, there's no reason why they can keep your money twice for one thing.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Yikes..checking my phone now! As I downloaded the same app a while back. No charges seen yet but let me check to be sure! GL with getting your glitch fixed.

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Yikes..checking my phone now! As I downloaded the same app a while back. No charges seen yet but let me check to be sure! GL with getting your glitch fixed.
Mystery solved!

A patient and courteous support person explained as follows:

Owners of 2021 Taycan were given a 3 free months trial of Inodrive and Active Lane Keeping on delivery. Thereafter, they were given the opportunity to purchase each service, good for the lifetime of the vehicle. Cost: about $1,000 each.

But . .

In some cases, some 2021 4S vehicles were given 4 months, not 3, before the purchase option was presented.

In my case, when I took delivery, neither service was present on the car (though they should have been). Accordingly, I called up support last summer and asked to purchase them, giving my CC information. Shortly thereafter, both software programs were downloaded into my car, and I have been using them since. I assumed I would be charged for the service on my next CC bill. For reasons unknown (fill in the blanks), I never checked for the charge on the CC bill And assumed I had already paid for the service when the January charge arrived. So I have been driving, free, with the services for approximately 4 months, and by coincidence, the charge was I posted just after I had downloaded Myporsche 2.0. This charge was proper and not incident to the 2.0 app, because I had agreed to pay for the 2 services 4 months earlier, and I had not, up to that point, done so. Check.

I do not recall having been told that the services were free for 4 months, nor was I told why my Taycan did not have the two services already loaded when I took delivery, or why Porsche took my payment information when I asked to have the services installed last summer. They may have told me about the free service period back then; I don't remember. I should have called Porsche 4 months ago asking why I hadn’t been charged — and none of you would have to read this. :)

Steve

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mystery solved!

A patient and courteous support person explained as follows:

Owners of 2021 Taycan were given a 3 free months trial of Inodrive and Active Lane Keeping on delivery. Thereafter, they were given the opportunity to purchase each service, good for the lifetime of the vehicle. Cost: about $1,000 each.

But . .

In some cases, some 2021 4S vehicles were given 4 months, not 3, before the purchase option was presented.

In my case, when I took delivery, neither service was present on the car (though they should have been). Accordingly, I called up support last summer and asked to purchase them, giving my CC information. Shortly thereafter, both software programs were downloaded into my car, and I have been using them since. I assumed I would be charged for the service on my next CC bill. For reasons unknown (fill in the blanks), I never checked for the charge on the CC bill And assumed I had already paid for the service when the January charge arrived. So I have been driving, free, with the services for approximately 4 months, and by coincidence, the charge was I posted just after I had downloaded Myporsche 2.0. This charge was proper and not incident to the 2.0 app, because I had agreed to pay for the 2 services 4 months earlier, and I had not, up to that point, done so. Check.

I do not recall having been told that the services were free for 4 months, nor was I told why my Taycan did not have the two services already loaded when I took delivery, or why Porsche took my payment information when I asked to have the services installed last summer. They may have told me about the free service period back then; I don't remember. I should have called Porsche 4 months ago asking why I hadn’t been charged — and none of you would have to read this. :)

Steve
My 2021 didn't have either service when car was delivered. There was an option in the Porsche Connect store to buy one or both - either at $24/month or just under $1,000 for each. The first three months are free. I chose the monthly option and am in the process of using three months free (car delivered on 11/2/21)...
Sponsored