daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I'm hoping they focus on preformance at the expense of range - smaller lighter battery - little less range, but make up a bit in charging speed and less weight…solid 200 miles of range with some very very fast charging for a sports car could be a winning combination.

I think we've already "seen" performance from the Mission-R…and it could be outstanding, and we know charging can be fast (900V tech)…if it's even close the mission-R in terms of performance (scaled down for the street) it will be a winner.

https://www.financialexpress.com/auto/motor-sports/1000hp-porsche-mission-r-concept-study-a-sustainable-way-to-go-racing-one-make-seires-cup-racecar-gt3/2325408/#:~:text=The Mission R is an all-wheel-drive machine. With,racecar. The electric motors and batteries are oil-cooled.

weight distribution will be "mid-engine" like - although that has no meaning with dual EV motors on each axel

I'm very very optimistic.

yeah - EV drive trains ruin you for even the best ICE drive trains…hard to go back. Exceptional ICE drive trains will reamin, but 98% of ICE drive trains are crap and even a modest EV drive train is a joy to drive (Chevy Bolt for example).
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it has at least 500hp/400ft lbs of torque, my interest is piqued.
I thinking there will be at least one trim level with that or more…

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
These likely won’t have a rear seat, correct?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
correct - I'm thinking boxster/cayman format…2 seater roadster convertable and hardtop - it will be glorious.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it has at least 500hp/400ft lbs of torque, my interest is piqued.
low end RWD Taycan is 402 HP
next step up is 469 HP w/4S

so 500 hp/400 ft/lbs of torque is kinda "easy" with EV motors - and a low CG - yeah I could see a 350 HP Boxster but the GTS version could be 500 HP or more - easy…

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
low end RWD Taycan is 402 HP
next step up is 469 HP w/4S

so 500 hp/400 ft/lbs of torque is kinda "easy" with EV motors - and a low CG - yeah I could see a 350 HP Boxster but the GTS version could be 500 HP or more - easy…
But won’t it have to have a smaller battery than the Taycan? Also, we all know how protective Porsche is of the performance hierarchy of its model lines. Here’s hoping they are comfortable shifting all of that upward with the transition to electric.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Behind the rectangular panel centred above the rear plate?
or maybe covered off with tape…… hope it has on both sides as the Taycan and now it seems the a an as well.
Sponsored