Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
This is perfect timing. Battery tech will be greatly improved in 4-5 years and I will be smack-dab in the middle of my midlife crisis! Just hope that Porsche sells a 1000+HP variant as any sports car with less than 1000 HP, by 2025/2026, will be for pussies and/or posers. Now to decide upon the perfect color (carmine red seems to be the logical choice for this little monster but I'll need to see how it looks in black).
I think 1000hp will be reserved for a halo 918 replacement.
911 will have to remain the top dog for Porsche and I don't see that being 1000hp
Sponsored

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
this will definitely drive the Tesla roadster into irrelevant.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s not going to compete with the Tesla Roadster. It’s going to be competing with cars that exist.
well. my view is that the only thing selling point of tesla roadster is that there are no EV roadster. so once this is release then, the Tesla one become irrelevant.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
well. my view is that the only thing selling point of tesla roadster is that there are no EV roadster. so once this is release then, the Tesla one become irrelevant.
The Polestar O2 will be out before the Tesla Roadster and that won't even complete with the 718.

I actually really like it.

Porsche Taycan Porsche 718 / 983 Boxster / Cayman EV Sports Car Announced For 2025 Launch polestar_o2_batch_a_9
Porsche Taycan Porsche 718 / 983 Boxster / Cayman EV Sports Car Announced For 2025 Launch polestar-o2-concept
Porsche Taycan Porsche 718 / 983 Boxster / Cayman EV Sports Car Announced For 2025 Launch volvo-polestar-o2

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Polestar O2 will be out before the Tesla Roadster and that won't even complete with the 718.

I actually really like it.

polestar_o2_batch_a_9.jpg
polestar-o2-concept.jpg
volvo-polestar-o2.png
Concept do look nice but very hard to know what the final vehicle would look like. On the other hand this looks a lot like the Audi quattro concept

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Concept do look nice but very hard to know what the final vehicle would look like. On the other hand this looks a lot like the Audi quattro concept
So far all of the Polestars concepts look very close to production. Even the Precept

Porsche Taycan Porsche 718 / 983 Boxster / Cayman EV Sports Car Announced For 2025 Launch download.jpe

CEO was the head designer so final product will be right

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Polestar I saw in traffic looked really chintzy in real life. Was not impressed.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
The Polestar O2 will be out before the Tesla Roadster
If were going to list everything that’s going to be out before that roadster, admin is going to have to buy more server space.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I think 1000hp will be reserved for a halo 918 replacement.
911 will have to remain the top dog for Porsche and I don't see that being 1000hp
For sure, the 911 is Porsche's top ICE dog, but at only 640 HP (for the Turbo S) its relevance will quickly fade as soccer moms driving Model X's and yahoos driving Rivian pick-ups leave 911's in their dust. My guess is that that the 718 will have 1000 HP variants to fend off the competition and that the electric 911 will eventually come on the scene when lightweight, solid state batteries allow it to produce massive power without massive weight, and then regain its title as the top dog. (At least that is my hope as my midlife crisis can't wait forever!;))

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For sure, the 911 is Porsche's top ICE dog, but at only 640 HP (for the Turbo S) its relevance will quickly fade as soccer moms driving Model X's and yahoos driving Rivian pick-ups leave 911's in their dust. My guess is that that the 718 will have 1000 HP variants to fend off the competition and that the electric 911 will eventually come on the scene when lightweight, solid state batteries allow it to produce massive power without massive weight, and then regain its title as the top dog. (At least that is my hope as my midlife crisis can't wait forever!;))
I agree and I really hope you're right. Let see what Rimac technology spills into the 718. I assume a good amount.

The Polestar I saw in traffic looked really chintzy in real life. Was not impressed.
Yes it's chintzy. The P2 is that cheap price point car. The Polestar 1 is an incredible car, high quality, but $150k.
You sit in that car and its just built right.

That being said, Chinese OEMs have the best built cars because they use the most robotics. No legacy of unions and humans.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
my test drive of the Polestar sedan made me hate it - I'm not a customer.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the Turbo S will be hybridized. It’s already pdk only, awd with turbos, and 3700#. Hybrid will just make it better, and much faster. It ought to get within shooting distance of a Ferrari 296 GTB, so probably just shy of 800hp

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
the Turbo S will be hybridized. It’s already pdk only, awd with turbos, and 3700#. Hybrid will just make it better, and much faster. It ought to get within shooting distance of a Ferrari 296 GTB, so probably just shy of 800hp
Hybrid-schmybrid, my midlife crisis will not involve any pit stops at last-century gas stations! I envision a future in which my eco-friendly 1000 HP e-718 (most likely black with acid green calipers) silently rockets away from a pretty red Ferrari 296 GTB as if it was standing still. :rock:

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Would also prefer one site… porscheevforum.com? 718 will probably not have huge info for the next 12 months anyway? Cool to see.
Sponsored