First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
No fake, it’s charging at 177 kw
if it's an EA charger and it's actually working - it's a fake - they don't work.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
2 seater - low CG - plenty of instant torque/power - convertible - and at least a 170 kW charge rate - take my money is an understatement.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
No way that charge port location makes it to production. No way.
Can you expand on why you think so? Placement-wise seems to be pretty smart/efficient, and the same for a cost perspective. Usability does not seem to be affected (even towing might work), which leaves .. impact concerns?

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Can you expand on why you think so? Placement-wise seems to be pretty smart/efficient, and the same for a cost perspective. Usability does not seem to be affected (even towing might work), which leaves .. impact concerns?
Too much dirt, grime, and ice accumulation. Makes it messy to charge, can potentially expose the connectors to dirt and moisture intrusion and risks making the port inaccessible in freezing conditions. Not a lot of (any?) ports in this location. A minor rear end collision can make the car unchargeable/undrivable. Things are much better just around the corner.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Too much dirt, grime, and ice accumulation. Makes it messy to charge, can potentially expose the connectors to dirt and moisture intrusion and risks making the port inaccessible in freezing conditions. Not a lot of (any?) ports in this location. Things are much better just around the corner.
Good points, but then again there aren't many 2-seater EVs on the market, either.
That bumper is, of course, not the final shape/form, and the port can be protected better than in the image. Rivian's front placement works, too, and that would also be a position subjected to the elements.

The problem with a side placement is that you have to pick one. Trade-offs, I guess.

WES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, Cayman S, BYD EV, Buick Van, Toyota Van
Country flag
Location make sense. Chinese 100% backs into parking places. And China is Porsche’s top market and the worlds top ev market.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was rear-ended at speed. I was hit so hard in the rear that the steering column and pedal box were bent. Lucky to walk away, but my Taycan was a total loss — it sacrificed itself for me.
this makes me sad - but glad you are ok…what are your plans - another Taycan?

Deleted member 6348

this makes me sad - but glad you are ok…what are your plans - another Taycan?
I have an F150 Lightning arriving next week. I am going to drive that around a while until I figure out what I am going to do next.

Two weeks prior to the Taycan incident, my Alfa Romeo 4C Spider was totaled at the dealer while it was in for service — stuff of nightmares. In December, I replaced that car with a Porsche 911 Targa. So, at least, I have another P car around and an amazing one at that.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have an F150 Lightning arriving next week. I am going to drive that around a while until I figure out what I am going to do next.

Two weeks prior to the Taycan incident, my Alfa Romeo 4C Spider was totaled at the dealer while it was in for service — stuff of nightmares. In December, I replaced that car with a Porsche 911 Targa. So, at least, I have another P car around and an amazing one at that.
thanks for the reply - 911 Targa is worthy P-car - enjoy

I'm comtemplating my next EV with 2020 Taycan Turbo out of warranty in July 2024…

I'd love any thoughts you have on the F150 EV once you have it.
Sponsored