SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Energica is making electric motorcycles with noisy gearboxes. They do it on purpose. But many potential customers see it as a disadvantage.
The advantage of electronic fake sound is that you can turn it off on days that you just want to enjoy the silence of your EV.
This really is a benefit. I have Electric Sport Sound on my GTS and I love it. But I turn it off on the long motorway runs I do.

Conversely on my 996 I have the induction kit, resonator delate and Miltek stainless exhaust AND no stereo. It's LOUD. But on a run, it's annoying as hell!!!! :CWL:
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You're lol'ing at the facts or your mistaken post? The GT4 e performance is a prototype race car with straight cut gears. That's why it sounds the way it does. The electric Cayman will not sound like that.

"Not that the E-Performance is quiet. The straight-cut gears make it sound like a driving buzzsaw."

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
You're lol'ing at the facts or your mistaken post? The GT4 e performance is a prototype race car with straight cut gears. That's why it sounds the way it does. The electric Cayman will not sound like that.

"Not that the E-Performance is quiet. The straight-cut gears make it sound like a driving buzzsaw."
Let’s just move on….I certainly have. LOL 🙂
Sponsored