Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
This is what porsche customer support sent me re connect application not working. My application does not show car location nor current battery level. Does the “delay” explanation make sense?
“the picture you have sent showing the Connection status within the app, there is a technical delay within the app. Our technicians are aware of this delay and have been working on finding a resolution to the app delay.

At the moment, if you are able to locate your vehicle in the explore tab, and see the different features within the app under the My Vehicle tab, then the app is working properly. The picture you sent is showing the Connection Status programming delay. Until the app update is available, the connection status will have a delay. This does not depict the operation of the app, regarding this concern. “
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If the data for your vehicle is out of date (old mileage from a few days ago, old state of charge from a few days ago), then what they told you is bullshit.

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
If the data for your vehicle is out of date (old mileage from a few days ago, old state of charge from a few days ago), then what they told you is bullshit.
The application only shows car info from 3 weeks ago when the application last worked. the porsche server never connects to the car. Porsche keeps changing the reason for the problem. They are clueless clowns

nelsonmanha

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Having the same issue where the app does not communicate with the car- no status update, charging . I contacted customer care and they asked me to reset the ppm.. I did that ( big mistake) now the system every time i get in the car asks all kind of questions about using online services and when it is time to put the porsche id it does not work( changed password , checked settings ) garbage!!!!!!!! They now asked me to take the car to the dealer like I am an idiot and don t know how to type a password!!!!!! customer care is a joke most of the time they try to guide you using documents that is not even for the car . also just realized that my dates on the services was mess up and no help there.

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Have your dealer check the state of your OTA Communications Module. There is now a TSB for this so they should be aware.
I took my car to the dealer and they told me it is the application but if I wanted to leave my car for several weeks they could replace the OTA module. They told me there are no parts coming from Germany re this matter and they have cars sitting in their lot from customers waiting for parts. This is way Volkswagen has paid billions in fines for giving false information to people who buy their cars. it is only a matter of time before a class action lawsuit is filed and all owners of Taycan's will receive reimbursement for Porsche selling a car where they knew certain features would not work and did not tell the truth to customers.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They can diagnose the OTA module in a few hours and return the car to you and order the part if needed. When it comes in a few weeks later, they can replace it in a few hours. You can keep driving the car in-between. I know this is possible because this is exactly what my dealer did for me.

Last edited:

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes there is something not working right. Waiting since 2 month to have my FOD options activated. Nothing moves.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Have your dealer check the state of your OTA Communications Module. There is now a TSB for this so they should be aware.
This. I had the same problem and an OTA module swap was the solution.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Just be prepared; my car went in for a minor system alert ("Emergency SOS Failure") over a week ago to replace the OTA module, and I haven't seen the car since. The replacement OTA modules are notoriously difficult to provision, apparently.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I had my OTA-module replaced twice and now it's working fine so it's possible.
Taycan 04/2020.
Fingers crossed...

Last edited:

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
They can diagnose the OTA module in a few hours and return the car to you and order the part if needed. When it comes in a few weeks later, they can replace it in a few hours. You can keep driving the car in-between. I know this is possible because this is exactly what my dealer did for me.
I did the exact thing last week.
Took 3-ish hours each time. PC provided a car for the duration.
However even with a replaced module it's not working 100%, and they are still getting error code(s).
So the matter is with Germany, again.

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Porsche Connect, a feature that was on the original spec sheet, was removed from all the cars for the Hong Kong market.....Rumor is that Porsche realized Porsche Connect doesn't work and decided not to create another mess. The first delivery here was only made back in 2H2020...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Porsche Connect, a feature that was on the original spec sheet, was removed from all the cars for the Hong Kong market.....Rumor is that Porsche realized Porsche Connect doesn't work and decided not to create another mess. The first delivery here was only made back in 2H2020...
That could well be an issue with LTE provider contract and/or server problem.
We just don't know and probably will never know.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OTA had to be replaced on mine as well as my two buddies. They have had problems with them and its well known.
Sponsored