feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
What are the chances Porsche makes a 718 replacement a better performer than a Taycan or 911?
Performance in the EV world is not difficult, the problem is the battery. Will be interesting what they will come up with.
Sponsored

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The new Cayman 718 EV?

1632881930280.jpeg
Don't get me wrong, I don't dare and can't afford to do it, but it seems to me that the picture above is doable by two complete vertical cuts in a Taycan where the foot garage starts and ends.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Announces Mission R EV Sports Car Concept b-P19_0685_a3_rgb

There are no batteries there, giving up the back doors, stretching the front doors...
Making it a convertible will require strength calculations, etcetera...

Anyone with way too much money, daring to contact a car pimper ?
:like:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
What are the chances Porsche makes a 718 replacement a better performer than a Taycan or 911?
The Taycan operates in a different arena. If you want or need a somewhat roomy sedan, an electro-718 will not perform for you, even if it would accelerate faster. 718-vs-911 is a more interesting match-up as both are compact two-door sports cars. If Porsche wants to stick with the rumored strategy of making future 718's fully electric while keeping future 911's ICE-only, both may become similar in overall performance but very different in driver experience. Both models would then address a different customer segment, avoiding cannibalization to a certain extent. Ironically, the 718-line came into existence to offer Porsche a pathway into better weight-balanced (than the 911) mid-engine platform, a core strategic objective which becomes less relevant with electric propulsion.