Porsche App Issues with Charging & EA SUCKS

Spyerx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
First, owned car since January. About 6500 miles on it. Love the car.

Has anyone noticed an issue with connect to charge and the my porsche app and invoices since the software update? Since end of Aug, anytime (well most times...if the EA station is working) I use the fast charger, the 'plug and charge' works ok, but I literally get no invoice/charging activity updates in the app or online. It's like my transactions are missing.

Also, the my porsche app used to notify me of charging time and when finished but I'm getting zero alerts from the app. I have logged in, out, reinstalled app, etc, no changes.

And, while charging, the app shows me no data in the charging area on time charging, charge rate, etc, nothing, can't see the activity.

FWIW, the implementation of charging features in my porsche is shit at best, the charging app wasn't great, but it was better.

And a rant EA was pretty good in January. They absolutely suck now, and are ruining the experience of owning this car for when I need a fast charger... yesterday go to EA station in Fashion Island (Socal EV Mecca), 8 chargers 150/350kwh, the newest models. 3 of 8 working. 5 offline. I left. Sunday visit EA station in Torrance area, 4 stations, 2 offline. Go to station nearby, 4 stations, 4 working, max charge rate 80kwh (rated 150). Which was faster than the VW next to me getting 40kwh. I suspect there was a station amp limit...
Anyway, these issues are getting worse and worse and really wrecking havoc on the ownership experience of this car. I have 5 other Porsches in my garage and drive this one the most, but for a premium brand, this is not a premium experience when it comes to charging.

Porsche: copy Tesla. rip them off. hell, pay them, license the use of their stations. they figured this out. EA sucks, BAD.
Sponsored

Billocrates

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla S Plaid
Country flag
Same has happened to me. The My Porsche app stopped updating info from the vehicle. I've tried resetting the vehicle's system, reinstalling app, even tried the original Porsche Connect app - all to no avail.

Last edited:

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
First, owned car since January. About 6500 miles on it. Love the car.

Has anyone noticed an issue with connect to charge and the my porsche app and invoices since the software update? Since end of Aug, anytime (well most times...if the EA station is working) I use the fast charger, the 'plug and charge' works ok, but I literally get no invoice/charging activity updates in the app or online. It's like my transactions are missing.

Also, the my porsche app used to notify me of charging time and when finished but I'm getting zero alerts from the app. I have logged in, out, reinstalled app, etc, no changes.

And, while charging, the app shows me no data in the charging area on time charging, charge rate, etc, nothing, can't see the activity.

FWIW, the implementation of charging features in my porsche is shit at best, the charging app wasn't great, but it was better.

And a rant EA was pretty good in January. They absolutely suck now, and are ruining the experience of owning this car for when I need a fast charger... yesterday go to EA station in Fashion Island (Socal EV Mecca), 8 chargers 150/350kwh, the newest models. 3 of 8 working. 5 offline. I left. Sunday visit EA station in Torrance area, 4 stations, 2 offline. Go to station nearby, 4 stations, 4 working, max charge rate 80kwh (rated 150). Which was faster than the VW next to me getting 40kwh. I suspect there was a station amp limit...
Anyway, these issues are getting worse and worse and really wrecking havoc on the ownership experience of this car. I have 5 other Porsches in my garage and drive this one the most, but for a premium brand, this is not a premium experience when it comes to charging.

Porsche: copy Tesla. rip them off. hell, pay them, license the use of their stations. they figured this out. EA sucks, BAD.
I had the same experience with a road trip to hilton head from fort lauderdale.Plug and charge works fine on all the chargers i used but my transactions are not recorded in the Porsche application

OP
OP
Spyerx

Spyerx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Had some more awesome EA experiences this weekend.
charger number 1 would not activate plug and charge. Pulled ccs connector 5x and the charger finally authorized payment
No local chargers were showing in my porsche
And when it finally connects a 350 hits an awesome 60kw. On a preconditioned 12% state of Charge.

i did have better luck later in the day at another location that did not show in my Porsche and a 150 did. Get this…… 150!