B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Interesting, I was pretty sure it was the law that it needed to make a sound on the outside regardless of the option.
It‘s the law, but sports sound is louder.
Sponsored

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It is. A friend's Audi E-Tron makes the spaceship sound at low speeds in parking lots at my kid's school pickup line. I'm curious if the Taycan will effectively do the same thing. I'm fairly certain he doesn't have an added sound package.
it makes a sound with electric sport sound but ESS is about 4-5 times louder and better. ironically it feels more natural to have it on while driving apart from when on a constant speed motorway

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
it makes a sound with electric sport sound but ESS is about 4-5 times louder and better. ironically it feels more natural to have it on while driving apart from when on a constant speed motorway
I would have liked to have ESS on mine (even if I kept it off most of the time), but it's missing from my build. I don't think I can justify a retrofit of it to be honest. It's costly and a ton of work to retrofit it. Maybe I'll change my mind after driving a bit without it and I'll spring for the add-on.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I assume the noise laws vary regionally (country to country)?
OP is UK based.

Mine is really silent at low speeds* (RWD/no ess).

I have to beware of pedestrians stepping out etc up to jogging pace speeds. But as soon as you get going a little bit faster the natural road noise happens.

*No use for kerb crawlers. They'd never get a girl to notice them.
Sponsored