Gareth Swain

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST
Country flag
I bought the Taycan as a family car. 718 wouldn’t cut it. Thought I would share a picture of the Porsche new born car seat and base. The base has a nice recliner built in to compensate for the rear seat angle.

Porsche Taycan Porsche baby car seat installed in Taycan 1B5EE0E8-0CCB-4A81-801C-D58E275C93DD

Porsche Taycan Porsche baby car seat installed in Taycan 28830388-F89F-417D-BCD4-4F7735A488AD

Last edited by a moderator:

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
How much was it and where did you get it from.
Same here, the Taycan being the family car when I’m being a good Dad.

OP
OP
Gareth Swain

Gareth Swain

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST
Country flag
How much was it and where did you get it from.
Same here, the Taycan being the family car when I’m being a good Dad.
From the dealer. See techquipment on the Porsche website. Tight ish fit. i am 5 10. There are only a couple of inches to spare and had to turn off the comfort entry function. Still it is in now ?

Last edited:

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
From the dealer. See techquipment on the Porsche website. Tight ish fit. i am 5 10. There are only a couple of inches to spare and had to turn off the comfort entry function. Still it is in now ?
Oh boy. I’m 6’1. Can’t put this in the middle?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Oh boy. I’m 6’1. Can’t put this in the middle?
AFAIK, only the outer seats have Isofix so if it's possible you would need to attach it using only the seatbelt.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
AFAIK, only the outer seats have Isofix so if it's possible you would need to attach it using only the seatbelt.
Not sure if this is fully approved but I’ve put the rear facing seats in the middle of past vehicles using the adjacent seat isofix/latch. I’ve never seen dedicated isofix bars just for a middle seat. The isofix metal bars are typically wide enough to attach two clips to each one if needed (I’ve done three across clipped boosters this way).

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Not sure if this is fully approved but I’ve put the rear facing seats in the middle of past vehicles using the adjacent seat isofix/latch. I’ve never seen dedicated isofix bars just for a middle seat. The isofix metal bars are typically wide enough to attach two clips to each one if needed (I’ve done three across clipped boosters this way).
I think it depends on the car and car seat. If the car doesn’t have dedicated middle latch points, I think it has to state the middle can bridge two from adjacent seats as this is typically a non-standard spacing. I think the car seat has to list this alternate spacing as well. I’m not an expert though.

I don’t see where the Taycan lists this; but I didn’t look especially hard.

I would imagine that doubling the connection to a single latch not a good idea. That’s doubling the force it will see and it may not be rated or have been tested to handle that.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I think it depends on the car and car seat. If the car doesn’t have dedicated middle latch points, I think it has to state the middle can bridge two from adjacent seats as this is typically a non-standard spacing. I think the car seat has to list this alternate spacing as well. I’m not an expert though.

I don’t see where the Taycan lists this; but I didn’t look especially hard.

I would imagine that doubling the connection to a single latch not a good idea. That’s doubling the force it will see and it may not be rated or have been tested to handle that.
Makes sense. I’ll caveat my earlier post that I’ve only done it with booster seats which don’t actually require using latch since they’re simply guiding the seatbelt around the frame if the child(the latches simply keep the seat from moving around). I would definitely not attach two car seats to the same latch and doubt that would even be possible based on how wide car seats run.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
What is the cover under the Baby Car Seat, is it by Porsche too?

Jase700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Porsche baby car seat installed in Taycan 3B20B1C0-2286-4FC3-9CCC-02C35A0A8559

this is the WayB Pico travel car seat in the front trunk. Perfect for drop off duties.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
both look really well made and that Porsche one looks fantastic with the guards red contrast stitching! Winning!
I also like the canopy as it is nice and tight. It honestly puts my old Britax to shame! I am thankfully now retired both seats and boosters for my kids, but if they were a little younger, this would be a no-brainer!
Sponsored