Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Hi Has anybody got insurance from Porsche whist Admiral is very competitive my understanding is that in the event of a claim they would use there preferred repairer which would not be a Porsche approved repairer then not sure what impact that may or may not affect warrant from Porsche
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Porsche typically don't have their own repair facilities - this is normal. What you'll find is that the preferred Porsche repairers are one and the same as that of the Insurer.

To not use an approved repairer would impact warranties etc

Why not ask for their list and compare.

I've always used Admiral.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Checked with Porsche insurance and they only use Porsche approved Garages with Admiral that is not always the case I suppose you pay for what you get

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Repair at a non-Porsche shop isn't a good idea in a super complex system like the Taycan.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Porsche typically don't have their own repair facilities - this is normal. What you'll find is that the preferred Porsche repairers are one and the same as that of the Insurer.
Is this US specific?
Here, Porsche have their own repair shops – which are excellent and expensive as you would imagine.

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Is this US specific?
Here, Porsche have their own repair shops – which are excellent and expensive as you would imagine.
This is UK specific

@Browning I’d heard that about Admiral too so didn’t risk it and went with NFU Mutual. It seems a lot of UK based people on here have gone with Admiral though so I’ve probably got that wrong

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is UK specific

@Browning I’d heard that about Admiral too so didn’t risk it and went with NFU Mutual. It seems a lot of UK based people on here have gone with Admiral though so I’ve probably got that wrong
Truth is there are so few repair shops and so the choice will inevitably be limited to Porsche approved (and BMW, Mercedes, etc - same repair shop typically).

I think this is likely a non problem.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Truth is there are so few repair shops and so the choice will inevitably be limited to Porsche approved (and BMW, Mercedes, etc - same repair shop typically).

I think this is likely a non problem.
There are lots of approved Porsche repair places in uk but as said earlier you pays and takes your choice for me its an some ins company like Porsche or NFU

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is UK specific

Agreed my cars are all insured with NFU but have just changed Taycan Ins to Porsche as was Quote was £2100 and NFU was £2600 I have max no claims

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Porsche insurance quoted me £3k almost. 15 years no claims, no points or convictions

Admiral was £780

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I was going to use Admiral too. But my quote expired (car delayed a few weeks) and when they re-quoted they added ~£500 more on. Wasn't especially impressed.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
There are lots of approved Porsche repair places in uk but as said earlier you pays and takes your choice for me its an some ins company like Porsche or NFU
Not in Scotland and more specifically not where I live - choice is limited.

I see no need to pay more for insurance than is necessary - fulfils legal requirement, quality product, competitive price etc. at a fair price.

Expertise in EVs is even thinner on the ground and therefore any Insurer will have to employ a competent repairer for fear of recriminations and bad publicity if they choose some incompetent back street mob.

As it happens I've used Admiral for many years now (gave up on Marsh (were previously Porsche endorsed).

Indeed - pay your money and make your choice.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is UK specific

[/QUOTE
Not in Scotland and more specifically not where I live - choice is limited.

I see no need to pay more for insurance than is necessary - fulfils legal requirement, quality product, competitive price etc. at a fair price.

Expertise in EVs is even thinner on the ground and therefore any Insurer will have to employ a competent repairer for fear of recriminations and bad publicity if they choose some incompetent back street mob.

As it happens I've used Admiral for many years now (gave up on Marsh (were previously Porsche endorsed).

Indeed - pay your money and make your choice.
Don't disagree pay your money takes your choice but ? 99% of car repairs is bodywork so does not really matter if EV but look at reviews for your Insurer nothing further to add of course just my personnel opinion so no big deal lets move on your happy and so am I with our choices .

Only driven 400 mies in my Taycan but just makes happy when behind the wheel love it

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Don't disagree pay your money takes your choice but ? 99% of car repairs is bodywork so does not really matter if EV but look at reviews for your Insurer nothing further to add of course just my personnel opinion so no big deal lets move on your happy and so am I with our choices .

Only driven 400 mies in my Taycan but just makes happy when behind the wheel love it
8.9 out of 10 (6K reviews in past 12 months) - not too shabby I'd say!
Sponsored