gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
I had been with A-Plan for all 3 of our cars (generally 2 Porsches or RS Audi and Porsche) for years, A-Plan insisted on having the Porsche Tracking (or equivalent) service active on both "high value cars" (ie anything over 40K), they did try and ask for it on the Smart ED at one point as well . When I purchased my last Cayenne and discussed GAP & Tracker purchases (as I had always purchased both) my old SA at my OPC provided an interesting "view" .. his view was tracking systems are for the benefit of the insurance company in that it improves their chance of not paying out in event of a theft and the car gets recovered, wheras GAP insurance protects my investment in event of any reason to write off .. Tracker on Cayenne was from memory about 400 GBP a year & Gap was 250 for 3 years. When I queried him on "which insurance company will cover a 100K + vehicle with no tracker", his response was "an OPC cannot advise on insurance policies ;) and as such he could not suggest I speak to Admiral "..

I found them great while quoting, extremely helpful and ended up with Cayenne, Boxster and Smart on multi car, no Tracker requirement and all 3 for less than what A-Plan would insured the Cayenne for. During COVID they evan gave every one a small refund as less miles was equaling less risk for them

I agree with others re we all make our own choices etc :like:

I spent some time looking at the small print re approved repairers etc and spoke to Admiral re what if I insisted on a repairer different to their selection and there is small print in the agreement which allows this "If you do not wish to use our approved repairers an additional excess will apply, which will be confirmed on your Policy Schedule. We will be unable to provide you with a courtesy car. You will need to give us an estimate from your preferred repairer." FWIW My Policy Schedules (all 3 cars) have NO additional excess stated for me choosing a repairer.

I have never had to claim (touch wood) so have no comment re what that experience is like
Sponsored