Porsche charger connect user experiences ?

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Hi, does anyone have some real use experience with the charger. I am particularly interested in experience with the U.K. version.

my car should arrive in the next few months and starting to think if this charger is useful for home or as an occasional travel charger only

Questions:

what plug comes on the charger - is it a three pin normal wall socket or a commando socket.

what rate of charge are you able to get from it

many thanks
Sponsored

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Hi, does anyone have some real use experience with the charger. I am particularly interested in experience with the U.K. version.

my car should arrive in the next few months and starting to think if this charger is useful for home or as an occasional travel charger only

Questions:

what plug comes on the charger - is it a three pin normal wall socket or a commando socket.

what rate of charge are you able to get from it

many thanks
You're really going to need a proper home charger installed. The supplied charger will only charge at 2.3 kw per hour, in the UK, and therefore take circular 40 hours to fully charge.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
You're really going to need a proper home charger installed. The supplied charger will only charge at 2.3 kw per hour, in the UK, and therefore take circular 40 hours to fully charge.
My understanding is that you can charge up to 11KW on the charger that comes with the car. Obviously limited to 11KW because of the car. For 11KW you need three phase 32Amp each phase. At home on single phase you could just fit a 32Amp commando socket and plug the charger into that and get 7.2KW. I’m not sure what connections come with the charger.

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
many thanks both. There is lots of info available but it’s a bit generic, I can’t find anywhere that says specifically what sockets the U.K. device comes with. My ideal is a commando and standard 3 pin socket and then I will be able to get 7.2kw from my garage. I have a 11kw too but just would be useful to have a second option at 7.2kw

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
In the UK is there not an option to get an extra cable. Here I could get one extra cable, either single phase 16 or 32 amps, or a three phase 32 amp cable at no charge. There was also an option to choose 2.5 meter or 7.5 meter cable from charger to the car. Check the options under eMobility in the configurator.

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Thanks, did your charger just come with a3 pin standard U.K. plug. If I read correctly the commando socket is an option but the option is not on the U.K. configurator?

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
In the UK you get a 3 pin UK adapter allowing 2.3kW (40 hours charge)

You can order additionally either a 3 pin or 5 pin industrial socket at time of order

The single phase 3 PIN 32A industrial socket gives 3.6kW (29 hours charge)

or the 3 phase 5 pin 16A socket which gives 11Kw (9 Hours charge)

I have 3 phase, so I'm running a 32A 5 pin cable so I'm ready for 22kw when Taycan 2.0 arrives!

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
many thanks both. There is lots of info available but it’s a bit generic, I can’t find anywhere that says specifically what sockets the U.K. device comes with. My ideal is a commando and standard 3 pin socket and then I will be able to get 7.2kw from my garage. I have a 11kw too but just would be useful to have a second option at 7.2kw
Which Mobile Charger did you order with your car. There is a 7.2kW, a 11kW and a 22kW version of the Charger Connect. The 22kW version (9Y0.971.675BJ) definitely can charge 7.2kW on one phase as long as the cable is rated for 32Amps.

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Which Mobile Charger did you order with your car. There is a 7.2kW, a 11kW and a 22kW version of the Charger Connect. The 22kW version (9Y0.971.675BJ) definitely can charge 7.2kW on one phase as long as the cable is rated for 32Amps.
I got my Turbo about a week ago and I love it! The 11KW charger that comes with the car works smooth and trouble free, I have a 14-50 50amp circuit and it draws 8.8 kw only. Charges .4 miles per minute, I’ve got about 400 total miles now that I’ve driven 100% of the time with the AC running and the seat coolers running and I am averaging around 270 miles range per charge,

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I’m beginning to think I missed ticking an option box at order time......

I didn’t see any options for different charger cables ( going to check configurator again now!) :)

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Update, there are no charger input cable options on the U.K. configurator. You just have to have the charger as part of the order and it says 2.5m cable

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Need to check with the dealer in the UK. I’d be surprised if you did not get a three pin plug & a 32 amp commando plug with the charger. If you think about it the thing is rated to 11KW which you can’t get with a three pin plug.
Sponsored