flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don’t see a DST setting in the charger software when setting the time on the charger. Is it there somewhere and I have just missed it?
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I don’t see a DST setting in the charger software when setting the time on the charger. Is it there somewhere and I have just missed it?
Do you have it connected to WiFi? Then it should take it from there. Did you have to set the time from the start? The car will have it anyhow and communicates with the charger so that could also set it?

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Maybe the basic problem is I don’t have the car yet and once I do it will sort itself out. I did not have to enter the time, but I did have to enter the time zone. So it is set at ‘Eastern -5 GMT‘. But since we are on daylight savings time Eastern is currently -4 GMT. Maybe it doesn’t matter but it seems the charger and my iphone would be on different times of day. I would think that would make a difference when setting a timer. Thx

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Once you set Eastern, given a date, it can auto-adjust DST. I don't have to adjust the Macan for DST, so I doubt I'd have to mess with the Taycan. Internally time is just stored as UTC anyway.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Once you set Eastern, given a date, it can auto-adjust DST. I don't have to adjust the Macan for DST, so I doubt I'd have to mess with the Taycan. Internally time is just stored as UTC anyway.
I think the OP referred to the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect.

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks!

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think the OP referred to the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect.
The charger will just use a time server, so it'll be fine too, once it knows the location via your current time zone. Saying Eastern time means the charger will follow US time zone changes. (And Indiana isn't an outlier any more :p)

At least until the gov't changes things again, and all sorts of embedded devices need new firmware to know the new DST dates.
Sponsored