WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Hi. I got my Porsche charging card through the post today. Covering letter talks about 190,000 locations across Europe in Partner with Ionity. Is there a list or site that shows the suppliers the card works with? Obviously its not all Ionity and Porsche dealerships. I've looked on My Porsche app and can't see it for the UK? Sorry if I'm being thick and missed something?

Cheers. Wayne.
Sponsored

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
It's a combination of Ionity and Porsche dealership rapid chargers, but predominantly "Porsche Destination Chargers" which are your usual type-2 charging facilities at hotels, gyms, golf courses etc. They're all visible in the Porsche app if you go to charging, change the filters and zoom out.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's a combination of Ionity and Porsche dealership rapid chargers, but predominantly "Porsche Destination Chargers" which are your usual type-2 charging facilities at hotels, gyms, golf courses etc. They're all visible in the Porsche app if you go to charging, change the filters and zoom out.
That's not showing anything in my home city. Oh well. Was more out of interest really. I do
Ah yes I see thanks. Not that many around where I'm going on holiday. I'll see Zap Map for more.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
It’s a total mystery!
Just been on holiday road trip to France from the north of England.
Charged twice at Shell (175kw) in UK as perfect location, Ionity locations didnt suite.
65p per KW, ouch but worked well.
With Porsche card 2x Ionity charges in Normandy €0.30 Porsche charge Card worked well.
One Total charge (175kw) worked with the card so €0.30.
Another one didn’t like the card so €0.60.
The second one also only peaked at 60kw despite it being a 175kw charge so I left.
A little local 50kw charger on the
Il de Ré worked with the Porsche charge card!?

I have no idea which chargers work with the charge card and which don’t.
My advice is always try the card first as it will be cheaper and it might work!

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s a total mystery!
Just been on holiday road trip to France from the north of England.
Charged twice at Shell (175kw) in UK as perfect location, Ionity locations didnt suite.
65p per KW, ouch but worked well.
With Porsche card 2x Ionity charges in Normandy €0.30 Porsche charge Card worked well.
One Total charge (175kw) worked with the card so €0.30.
Another one didn’t like the card so €0.60.
The second one also only peaked at 60kw despite it being a 175kw charge so I left.
A little local 50kw charger on the
Il de Ré worked with the Porsche charge card!?

I have no idea which chargers work with the charge card and which don’t.
My advice is always try the card first as it will be cheaper and it might work!
Cheers mate good advice. Would be easier is Porsche just listed their partners in each country. Surely that's not difficult for their supply chain teams!?

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had my car 2 months now and Ionity has worked pretty well, though haven't found any others apart from the Porsche chargers which are expensive! Do we not get a discount at Porsche garages? We seem to be charged by the minute and per kW.
With the charge card, do we get 1 year of the reduced 30p/kW at Ionity? I'm in the UK. Can the deal be extended by paying an extra subscription fee?

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've had my car 2 months now and Ionity has worked pretty well, though haven't found any others apart from the Porsche chargers which are expensive! Do we not get a discount at Porsche garages? We seem to be charged by the minute and per kW.
With the charge card, do we get 1 year of the reduced 30p/kW at Ionity? I'm in the UK. Can the deal be extended by paying an extra subscription fee?
My paper work said I have the card for 3 years.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Better off getting Electric Juice card which accepts Porsche Superchargers along with many others
Porsche Taycan Porsche charging card question. IMG_20220725_105817

Porsche Taycan Porsche charging card question. Screenshot_2022-08-03-16-46-28-462_energy.octopus.electricjuice.android

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Better off getting Electric Juice card which accepts Porsche Superchargers along with many others
IMG_20220725_105817.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-03-16-46-28-462_energy.octopus.electricjuice.android.jpg
Good shout thanks mate.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
IMG_20220725_105817.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-03-16-46-28-462_energy.octopus.electricjuice.android.jpg
Isn’t this a more expensive xpensive way of using IONITY for example? I.e. not including the Porsche ‘discount’ ?

Does look like an excellent catch all for non Porsche partners.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Isn’t this a more expensive xpensive way of using IONITY for example? I.e. not including the Porsche ‘discount’ ?
And it seems to have both a energy (kWh) and time (minutes) aspect to the charging for all including IONITY.

Porsche Charing Service card (or cards from Ionity owners BMW, Mercedes, Kia, etc) is always the cheapest way of accessing their service.

Reactions: B61