Porsche charging service cancelled and now reinstated per minute pricing?

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
During a road trip last month I was happily surprised to see that only the per kWh price was billed, and the per minute pricing that existed for everything but ionity had disappeared. in the my Porsche app it was indeed reported that price per minute was zero.

today however, it seems that the per minute price has been restored.

Anyone know what are behind these changes?
Sponsored

OP
OP
tutis

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
As a side note, the €0.05 per minute component of the price for level 2 chargers makes an overnight charge completely uneconomic; 12 hours end up costing €36 + ~€25 for arriving with a low state of charge for the kWh billed. That’s nearly €60 for a charge that would cost half of that with ChargePoint or similar

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
It’s really weird.. that price per minute.. the reason I don’t use Porsche charging card except on Ionity

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It’s really weird.. that price per minute.. the reason I don’t use Porsche charging card except on Ionity
Same for me. I only use Porsche Card for Ionity fast charging. Missed opportunity for Porsche.

OP
OP
tutis

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
With the energy crisis and rising kWh costs everywhere I would n’y be surprised if Porsche substantially raised the ionity charging costs starting in Jan 2023.
Sponsored