4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I just got an email from [email protected] on account of my 911 and wonder if others have received as well. I haven't quite digested the whole thing but I believe it pertains to the VW scandal with cars not meeting emission requirements (and being outfitted to cheat the system).

Would welcome hearing from others that might have spent more time researching and verifying this is for real.
Sponsored

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
There was the infamous dieselgate which I experienced with my diesel Cayenne, but I haven’t heard anything about a petrolgate or gasolinegate!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I didn’t realise they had a petrol thing going too! Thought it was only diesel?

Last edited:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I received it and was waiting to verify that it was not a scam.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Looks like you have to get your car reprogrammed - probably will reduce performance in sport+ mode, otherwise why else did the cars not meet emissions standards in that mode. I'd probably pass even if it meant some reimbursement

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Looks like you have to get your car reprogrammed - probably will reduce performance in sport+ mode, otherwise why else did the cars not meet emissions standards in that mode. I'd probably pass even if it meant some reimbursement
There was the exact same concern about Dieselgate and holding out became an issue for people - service departments were obligated to perform the fix, in some US states it was an issue with renewing inspection stickers. If this is a settlement and didn’t get entangled in federal regulation, then perhaps it won’t be a mandated ‘fix’.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Since I have owned 3 cars on list since 2012, I am completing my claim. The amounts are between $200 to $1200 per affected vehicle.
This pertains to the diesel gate scandal and related to sport mode programming that was out of the emission limits claimed.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
When I traded in my Targa 4S it was lowballed a bit, and the reason was the stop-sale due to the Sport+ mode emissions issue. I believe this to be a legit thing.

I've had 3 cars in the affected window:

2014 Targa 4S
2010 997
2008 Boxster S

I haven't decided yet if I am going to pursue it.
I don't have any particular beef with Porsche, or a need to exact vengeance on them for any reason. I was very happy with those cars as I am with my current one.

That said, the money paid out for the settlement may already be set, meaning the fewer people claim it the more goes to the lawyers (or perhaps to people who do claim it.) Not sure how this works.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Listing of eligible vehicles that I tracked down did not have any 911 models….hope I am wrong on that.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
2015 981 Cayman…I filed a claim. Lots of documentation required….I had all they needed to prove the date I sold (pre traded) the vehicle last December, as for the bill of sale when I bought it, not so much. They may make me jump through some hoops. Anyhow, the mileage estimates based on some misleading emissions standards look like what I would be able to recoup some money on if and when this Class Action has settled, end of the day, I’m expecting nothing. I asked for a check so I didn’t have to provide routing and account number, just in case.