Porsche Compensation for Delays

dalvidds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
As many of us start to finally receive our vehicles…

it would be interesting to see if we can create a general sense on if, what, and how PCNA or your dealership may do to compensate for the delay. I emailed my dealership/ambassador now that my vehicle is on the way. My two points being, receiving a MY22 in December and the financial impact of securing the vehicle in August when it was scheduled vs now (in my case I may have leaned towards financing before vs perhaps just paying for it in cash now).

To start the thread, here’s what I heard back.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Compensation for Delays ECBF2C31-3814-4E81-8EE2-6A8EC2BDE850
Sponsored

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Thanks for starting this! Perhaps might also be helpful to provide some context into when deposit, production date, and original / current expected delivery are so we can get a context of how bad people’s delays are

My deposit was 2/28, produced 8/18, and currently TYD expects 12/30 delivery for a MY2022, although if it gets on the next boat may be more like Mid Dec. Original TYD delivery date was late Aug. So overall 4 months of delay if it finally arrives in Dec

My car is hopefully going to get on the Glovis Stella which is at Emden tomorrow going to west coast, so I might call PCNA and email the dealer once that boat departs Emden, either with or without my car as that will influence what info I include

OP
OP
dalvidds

dalvidds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Deposit 3/23. Produced 7/05. Original delivery 8/13. Current Delivery 11/25.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have heard members in Italy getting around 1800-2000€ compensation in terms of extended warranty and shop credit, for delays regarding 12V battery shortage. I am in the same boat but no news of compensation yet. Will follow up once I know.

Pinballplanet

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Panamera ST eHybrid, 1983 928 S - 5 speed
Country flag
4/22 ordered / deposit
7/18 build complete
10/28 at Emden
Delivery TBD

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
This is what I have heard from my SA:

Porsche Taycan Porsche Compensation for Delays 1667255623939

• Deposit - 04/03
  • Production completed - 07/08
  • Emden Arrival - 09/22
  • On vessel - TBD
  • Delivery - Original est. 09/02 - current 12/30

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ha I’d hope that for our MY2022s they’d honor MY2022 pricing. Would be extra brutal if they charged us MY2023 pricing for a MY2022 that we essentially took delivery of in 2023. Though I’m guessing that part of the email was probably for related to the people who got bumped to a 2023, which is kind of nice for those folks actually

OP
OP
dalvidds

dalvidds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In all honesty, would rather have a delayed MY2022 than a MY2023 without Burmester or Bose

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
If you're experiencing extraordinary delays, I'd consider calling 1-800-PORSCHE, asking for Customer Relations, and opening a case. See if you're able to squeeze something out of them...

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The delays are generally outside of their control so I am not sure why people think they should get something for the inconvenience of the delays. Certainly honoring the original pricing would be expected, and maybe a pen or a mug.

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
The delays are generally outside of their control so I am not sure why people think they should get something for the inconvenience of the delays. Certainly honoring the original pricing would be expected, and maybe a pen or a mug.
Found the dealer !

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mostly from a fairness perspective - the way it looks like its shaking out there is about 2 months of build dates that saw a significantly greater delay than everyone else. As mentioned there are some of us who ordered near the beginning of this year taking delivery after people who ordered this fall.

We dont necessarily feel we are owed anything but we certainly are disappointed, and from a customer satisfaction basis it would help getting at least a little bit even if its just free floormats, as acknowledgement

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Mostly from a fairness perspective - the way it looks like its shaking out there is about 2 months of build dates that saw a significantly greater delay than everyone else. As mentioned there are some of us who ordered near the beginning of this year taking delivery after people who ordered this fall.

We dont necessarily feel we are owed anything but we certainly are disappointed, and from a customer satisfaction basis it would help getting at least a little bit even if its just free floormats, as acknowledgement
This is all deja Vu. Same thing happened last year with 2022 being delivered before some 2021 were delivered. Some people canceled their orders and ordered a 2022 and still made out earlier. It will all work out eventually.

OP
OP
dalvidds

dalvidds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

In addition, for the above group of customers (and more so the previous felicity ace disaster customers) …. It would be questionable if some were given compensation and others weren’t based on chance. It’ll be nice to just track and see if PCNA is doing something across the board. And hey if I get a pen or a mug or nothing, so be it. But I want to know it’s the same across the board.
Personally, I wouldn’t mind a Porsche Design 2.1 Shisha 😁
Sponsored