Porsche Connect App is not available in my country, any body is facing the same problem?

Thani

First Name
Thani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Hi,

I am from Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Porsche Middle East or their dealers are not availing the app - not creating users accounts for us in our country. The app is available on the AppStore but can not create users for our country.
I wonder if any other countries are facing the same or if there is a workaround for the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Thani
Sponsored

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi,

I am from Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Porsche Middle East or their dealers are not availing the app - not creating users accounts for us in our country. The app is available on the AppStore but can not create users for our country.
I wonder if any other countries are facing the same or if there is a workaround for the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Thani
Can you access your car at the connect website ? https://connect-portal.porsche.com

The credentials for the app are the same user id and password.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yep, not available. Not sure if it is a DU or Etisalat restriction and no commercial arrangement was reached to carry the service or if there are governmental restrictions that have been applied.

Oliv_DXB_4S

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Dec. 2020
Country flag
Yep, not available. Not sure if it is a DU or Etisalat restriction and no commercial arrangement was reached to carry the service or if there are governmental restrictions that have been applied.
Yes, dealer said that we will be informed when available in UAE...

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Not even with a VPN? If using android, downloading the APK and installing it manually? Or does your user just not work even if you have the app? So odd why an app like that would not be available. Especially in a market like the UAE where there must be a good amount of Porsche driving around.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The service isn't available in the car so a VPN would be as much use as a chocolate teapot!

From a mobile device / PC / laptop then My Porsche will be available but given the above, limited in functionality.

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi,

Thank you in advance,
Thani
Did you create an account at https://www.porsche.com/middle-east/_dubai_/login/registration ?
If or after you have, can you log in at https://my.porsche.com ?
If you can, is there an option to add a Porsche to your account ?
I think the dealer needs to add your car to your account, so I you got this far, ask again.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Same with me. Porsche connect app not available in my country.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.porsche.jp.connect

Have accounts in both Sweden and Norway and have previously used it in both countries.

Have just changed phone and now without app. Not that it matters much, but annoying.

Have emailed as well, no answer.

OP
OP
Thani

Thani

First Name
Thani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Thank all for your replies. I have created an account but Porsche does not allow me to login. I believe it has to be created by the dealer. I have asked the dealer before but Porsche is not allowing them. I do not know what the real issue is. I believe the app it would be quite useful addition and it should enrich the user experience.
I am not sure it there is a hack :)
Like using a VPN and claiming you are from another country

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect App is not available in my country, any body is facing the same problem? 12EAA619-1348-4560-A3A1-B28D8597F991

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank all for your replies. I have created an account but Porsche does not allow me to login. I believe it has to be created by the dealer. I have asked the dealer before but Porsche is not allowing them. I do not know what the real issue is. I believe the app it would be quite useful addition and it should enrich the user experience.
I am not sure it there is a hack :)
Like using a VPN and claiming you are from another country

12EAA619-1348-4560-A3A1-B28D8597F991.jpeg
I took the liberty to go to my.porsche.com and entered you email address and clicked Continue and enter password. I got the password question. I know it's a silly question, but did you do the same (and entered your password) and got the Nice to see you and that didn't work message?

If you like me to try, you can send me a private message with your password and I will try to log in for you. You can change your password after that attempt.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It will still get blocked as the connection will ultimately be made in UAE, filtered and blocked.

Rashid

First Name
Rashid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yes, dealer said that we will be informed when available in UAE...
but do you think that it is going to be available for the people who have already purchased there cars or will it be for the new buyers only?

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same with me. Porsche connect app not available in my country.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.porsche.jp.connect

Have accounts in both Sweden and Norway and have previously used it in both countries.

Have just changed phone and now without app. Not that it matters much, but annoying.

Have emailed as well, no answer.
Did you manage to sort this (in Sweden)? I think we managed to get in installed on my wife's Samsung eventually, can check if you'd like. It's a bit of a mess between android versions, phone manufacturers and country settings I think.

Saary

First Name
Ayoub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not yet
Country flag
Any update on this. I'm planning to buy a taycan 4s but this issue is holding me.
Sponsored