Porsche Connect App is not available in my country, any body is facing the same problem?

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4S, Merc GLE
Country flag
I just placed my order and the dealer said “Porsche Middle East is in discussions to sort it out. No estimate on when it will be available”. Such a pity.
Got the car. Love it. But extremely frustrating that the instruction manuals (which for this car, you need!!) are all on the app which is not available here. They don't even give you hard copy manuals any more.

Such a shame Porsche does not fix it as it detracts from what should be a great ownership experience.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Got the car. Love it. But extremely frustrating that the instruction manuals (which for this car, you need!!) are all on the app which is not available here. They don't even give you hard copy manuals any more.

Such a shame Porsche does not fix it as it detracts from what should be a great ownership experience.
Hard copy manuals are available - I have a set.

Suspect if you Google you'll also find PDF copies.

Search here -
https://manual-directory.com/view-manual-pdf/

Last edited:

kamil

First Name
Kamil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Panamera 4S
Country flag
A thought for discussion that might be worth looking into. our problem in the Middle East region, is that we don't have a Porsche ID that we can link our vehicles . Since this is a pre-requisite then everything else won't work without pairing the Porsche ID, to the car, PMCC, and eventually to the APP.

Assuming a Taycan owner who has the Porsche ID, App, and Taycan bought in Europe relocates to the Middle East, with the car, app, etc...My assumption is that it should work.

The App at the end of the day is not blocked, its simply doesn't have a Porsche ID that the dealer should register with the vehicle.

Let's hope such a relocation took place with a member(s) within this forum, it will be interesting to get their feedback whether the app is still working to not.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
A thought for discussion that might be worth looking into. our problem in the Middle East region, is that we don't have a Porsche ID that we can link our vehicles . Since this is a pre-requisite then everything else won't work without pairing the Porsche ID, to the car, PMCC, and eventually to the APP.

Assuming a Taycan owner who has the Porsche ID, App, and Taycan bought in Europe relocates to the Middle East, with the car, app, etc...My assumption is that it should work.

The App at the end of the day is not blocked, its simply doesn't have a Porsche ID that the dealer should register with the vehicle.

Let's hope such a relocation took place with a member(s) within this forum, it will be interesting to get their feedback whether the app is still working to not.
Porsche Connect (for any Porsche) isn't available in the region - so not limited to the Taycan.

You may find that the onboard LTE module won't work in the region either (regardless of where the car was first registered).

Connect services (any) are not listed.

My guess is that this is all due to licencing / communications restrictions. It is not possible to download My Porsche App either so chances are the entire service is prohibited (by whatever means).

I lived in UAE for 2 years and now back in UK. My wife's mobile (purchased in UAE) still thinks its in UAE (long story) but she cannot download the app. I have the same phone bought in the same shop and have a payment profile which is non-UAE linked and so it works for me.

Mai Tem Baht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I live in Thailand and the app does not work here.

It means I do not have Smartlift which is annoying.

Here's a funny thing to add to the mystery: There is a "grey" market here and Taycans can be bought as imports i.e. not from the Porsche dealership. I believe these cars are imported from the UK. The app (and Smartlift) works on these imported cars.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I live in Thailand and the app does not work here.

It means I do not have Smartlift which is annoying.

Here's a funny thing to add to the mystery: There is a "grey" market here and Taycans can be bought as imports i.e. not from the Porsche dealership. I believe these cars are imported from the UK. The app (and Smartlift) works on these imported cars.
SmartLift is not dependent on the app. More likely, the feature is disabled.

smukbr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi,

I live in Brazil and here we do not have the support for the Porsche Connect. But I was able to get an account, and now I have the app with the manual, and some new features of the apple car play. But the app does not access the information remotely (because the car does not have internet connection).

Here is what I did:

1) I have enable an VPN from my PC to use an USA address, I do not know if it works without VPN, but to make sure I have used an VPN

2) I have created the account through the USA register site

https://signup.porsche.com/us/en_US/register

It will ask for you your ID and a proof of you owner the car. I have send my passport, and also the Brazilian car document that has the chassi number in my name. I do not know what kind of car document in your country, but try to send some that has your name and your chassi number on it.

3) The site will ask for your home address after you logged in I recommend that you put your real phone number with the contry code, because when you log on the app it will send an SMS to confirm de account (here in Brazil the country code is +55 ). I have also put my real address in Brazil and my Porsche center in Brazil.

4) It wil take some days to confirm your ownership, and I did not receive any confirmation. But after 3 weeks I entered on the app and I was able to register my car and have access to it.

5) As I use IOS do download the Porsche connect app I need to create an USA Apple Store account to download the app. To do that (Visit the US Apple ID website (https://appleid.apple.com) on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Select Create Your Apple ID, then choose United States as your country and fill in all the requested details. You can use any international phone number with this account, as long as the dialing code is correct.)

6) When you connect on the app with your account created on the Porsche USA site it will send a verification code to your phone. Make sure you have put the country code correctly.

If you need any help just let me know.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect App is not available in my country, any body is facing the same problem? IMG_3413.PNG
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect App is not available in my country, any body is facing the same problem? IMG_3415.PNG
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect App is not available in my country, any body is facing the same problem? IMG_3416.PNG
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect App is not available in my country, any body is facing the same problem? IMG_3417.PNG

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect App is not available in my country, any body is facing the same problem? Captura de Tela 2024-03-26 às 10.07.57