Porsche Connect App "Services are limited for this vehicle." ?

MJH_102383

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Taycan Turbo S; MY22 911 GT3; MY22 911 TS Cab
Country flag
Has anyone run into this issue on the Porsche Connect app? The error message in the Porsche Connect app is "Services are limited for this vehicle." :confused:

The last few days I have not been able to use the remote climate feature or see any details on the Porsche Connect app, etc.
Sponsored

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
918, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla Model S P100D
Country flag
See my comments in the "Range Mode" thread in this section. In my experience, your symptoms are caused by "no-LTE" communications failure. Look in the upper right corner of the central display to see if it says "LTE" or if there is a symbol for internet connection (looks like an = sign with arrow-like tips on each end) with a slash (/) through it indicating no internet connection.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
See my comments in the "Range Mode" thread in this section. In my experience, your symptoms are caused by "no-LTE" communications failure. Look in the upper right corner of the central display to see if it says "LTE" or if there is a symbol for internet connection (looks like an = sign with arrow-like tips on each end) with a slash (/) through it indicating no internet connection.
Data of the car to and from the server goes through a different channel.
It's probably the OTA-module that has corrupted itself.
Mine is replaced twice with exact the same symptoms.
Next week will be the third time...
Common issue with the Taycan.
I hope the update WMA5 is available so it may be a problem that can be addressed.

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
918, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla Model S P100D
Country flag
Hmmm ... that's not how my cars acts. When the central display shows the arrow-tipped "equals sign" with a slash through it (instead of "LTE"), all my "internal-SIM" services like internet radio, Connect app communications, weather, traffic reports, et.al. cease to function and if selected say "No internet connection available" when selected.

Maybe there's something different between USA/Canada cars and ROW cars? I wouldn't expect that kind of regional difference.

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Mine is replaced twice with exact the same symptoms.
Next week will be the third time...
Common issue with the Taycan.
I hope the update WMA5 is available so it may be a problem that can be addressed.

I’m waiting on a new module to arrive to replace mine. LTE/Bluetooth/WiFi all went out.

Hope it is not a recurring problem.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Hmmm ... that's not how my cars acts. When the central display shows the arrow-tipped "equals sign" with a slash through it (instead of "LTE"), all my "internal-SIM" services like internet radio, Connect app communications, weather, traffic reports, et.al. cease to function and if selected say "No internet connection available" when selected.

Maybe there's something different between USA/Canada cars and ROW cars? I wouldn't expect that kind of regional difference.
I have no connection to the car but my internet is working fine (weather, radio etc).
There's your answer and my best guess. :)
Sponsored