carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
When using Porsche connect I cannot preheat or precool the car. Every time I try, I get an error message pop up after a minute or two. I have a full connection and can see accurate battery level and I can lock and unlock the car via the app so it’s not a connection issue.
Preheat and precool worked previously but hasn’t worked at all for about a month. Thoughts?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Odd - normally intermittent connectivity is the cause.

Do you get the same result when using either of the 2 apps or My Porsche web site?

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
When using Porsche connect I cannot preheat or precool the car. Every time I try, I get an error message pop up after a minute or two. I have a full connection and can see accurate battery level and I can lock and unlock the car via the app so it’s not a connection issue.
Preheat and precool worked previously but hasn’t worked at all for about a month. Thoughts?
My understanding is that the Porsche Connect app is now being retired. The new app which I've been using for around three months now is called 'My Porsche'. It only gets a 2* rating on the Apple Store but IMO it's now more reliable than the 4* rated Porsche Connect.

Normally being unable to remotely preheat etc indicates that the Porsche server has lost connection with the car's inbuilt modem which could be a signal issue.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My understanding is that the Porsche Connect app is now being retired. The new app which I've been using for around three months now is called 'My Porsche'. It only gets a 2* rating on the Apple Store but IMO it's now more reliable than the 4* rated Porsche Connect.

Normally being unable to remotely preheat etc indicates that the Porsche server has lost connection with the car's inbuilt modem which could be a signal issue.
On the basis that the OP said they could lock / unlock without issue then that kinda rules of connectivity issues.

Old app is 100 times better (still) than the replacement which (in UK) still is functionally deficient - missing charging locations etc.

Clearly Porsche are not confident either otherwise they would have withdrawn My Porsche Connect by now.

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
On the basis that the OP said they could lock / unlock without issue then that kinda rules of connectivity issues.
You are of course correct. I should learn to fully read other people's posts before commenting..

In my defence, I'm new here, very old, and dyslexic ;-)

OP
OP

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Odd - normally intermittent connectivity is the cause.

Do you get the same result when using either of the 2 apps or My Porsche web site?
Same result with both apps

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Do you have both apps installed? Having both installed can cause strange issues.

You can also try switching the car to private mode, then turning private mode off. This resets the cars registration with the services.

OP
OP

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have both apps installed? Having both installed can cause strange issues.

You can also try switching the car to private mode, then turning private mode off. This resets the cars registration with the services.
only the new app installed now but have tried it with each of the old app and the new app.

OP
OP

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is the actual error message - can you share a screen grab?
So I looked this a bit more closely. In addition to the message on the app, I just noticed that the when in the car if I pull up the precool/heat menu there is a message that says “precool/heat system error” on the pcm. So this is not an app issue but some problem with the car. Has anyone seen this?
Porsche Taycan Porsche connect - can’t preheat or precool A7366221-99C2-4C3D-A5CC-B7595E06F9AE

Tornadosailor

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, 997/1, Fiat500E
Country flag
Did you check if a/c is on? Even if it’s it’s cold - with a/c off you can’t preheat or precool.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I developed the same error two days ago. Car won't heat and there is no hot air coming out of the vents even when the temp is changed and its below freezing here. PreCool/Heat shows the same system error and if I go into the menu to try and change it, the option is greyed out and says Function Not Available.

Also the charging timer appears to have gone out of whack. It charges to 85%-87% when the setting is for 80% and the car seems to want to charge immediately.

The only thing I can think of is to delete the current timer and enter a new one.

This is a MY2020.
Sponsored