carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
I developed the same error two days ago. Car won't heat and there is no hot air coming out of the vents even when the temp is changed and its below freezing here. PreCool/Heat shows the same system error and if I go into the menu to try and change it, the option is greyed out and says Function Not Available.

Also the charging timer appears to have gone out of whack. It charges to 85%-87% when the setting is for 80% and the car seems to want to charge immediately.

The only thing I can think of is to delete the current timer and enter a new one.

This is a MY2020.
I have the same grayed out option that you described. My heat is working fine but don’t know about the AC bc it’s the weather is cold here. I don’t use a charging timer but I do have a charging profile set for 85 percent and that is working fine. I made an appointment with the dealer to have this looked at a week from Monday. I don’t really care about the precool/heat function but I read elsewhere on this forum that the error message we agreed getting has also been present when there was a solenoid fail in the AC system that prevents the battery from cooling properly (which becomes and issue when the weather gets hot). So given part shortages, I want to get this taken care of right away so if it is the solenoid issue it’s fixed before the weather gets warm
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So I looked this a bit more closely. In addition to the message on the app, I just noticed that the when in the car if I pull up the precool/heat menu there is a message that says “precool/heat system error” on the pcm. So this is not an app issue but some problem with the car. Has anyone seen this?
A7366221-99C2-4C3D-A5CC-B7595E06F9AE.jpeg
What happens when you press the preheat/ cool button on the lower display (click the charge icon)?

The current error ,(I think) is from the last attempt when using the app.

Random thought -:use the other key with a secondary Porsche Connect ID assigned to it. Lock the car with this key. Leave it 10 mind. Unlock with this key and then try the precool/heat manually.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Also the charging timer appears to have gone out of whack. It charges to 85%-87% when the setting is for 80% and the car seems to want to charge immediately
That's normal in cold conditions.
The "overshoot" is to have a buffer for preheating, battery is still priority.

If the SOC is below 25% it'll start immediately (independent from any profile), then pauzes again and charge to the desired % depending on the power of the charger /time to departure.

OP
OP

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What happens when you press the preheat/ cool button on the lower display (click the charge icon)?

The current error ,(I think) is from the last attempt when using the app.

Random thought -:use the other key with a secondary Porsche Connect ID assigned to it. Lock the car with this key. Leave it 10 mind. Unlock with this key and then try the precool/heat manually.
The preheat/precool button on the lower display has disappeared! Just noticed this today

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Off to the dealer then as something is clearly awry!

Note there is a safety recall out just now which may include your car - ideal to combine both in a single visit.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Mines stopped pre-heating too. None of the timers work and trying to do it via the app yields an error message. Been -2 most mornings so I’ve been scraping windows. Grrr!!

OP
OP

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mines stopped pre-heating too. None of the timers work and trying to do it via the app yields an error message. Been -2 most mornings so I’ve been scraping windows. Grrr!!
i have mine at the dealer now for service. i will let you know what the diagnosis is.

Nalayak

First Name
Twinkal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
i have mine at the dealer now for service. i will let you know what the diagnosis is.
Got the same issue today. Precool/heat was working about a day ago when I set it from the app to pre heat to 74F degrees. Were you able to get your fixed? Any info is appreciated! 🙏🏽

Porsche Taycan Porsche connect - can’t preheat or precool C31284D1-E53D-4C03-8BEA-6E1D8655DC85

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
On the basis that the OP said they could lock / unlock without issue then that kinda rules of connectivity issues.

Old app is 100 times better (still) than the replacement which (in UK) still is functionally deficient - missing charging locations etc.

Clearly Porsche are not confident either otherwise they would have withdrawn My Porsche Connect by now.
Agree - old app allows the widget on my iphone which isn’t on the new one (even if it Defaults to KM and not miles!)

OP
OP

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got the same issue today. Precool/heat was working about a day ago when I set it from the app to pre heat to 74F degrees. Were you able to get your fixed? Any info is appreciated! 🙏🏽

C31284D1-E53D-4C03-8BEA-6E1D8655DC85.jpeg
Yes - there was some valve in the cooling system that needed to be replaced. There is a recall for this. Had the work done several months ago and it’s been fine ever since.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
WMP5 is the recall for 3 temp sensor valves. I have no AC (Blower works, just no cold air) and the app will not allow me to precool (gives an error). Check with others who had the issue and sounds like its the sensors.
Sponsored