Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
My Connect quit working over a week ago. It says there is no connection between the PCM and the server. I've tried deleting and re-installing the app but that made no difference. Private mode in the PCM is inactive. Nothing had been changed and I have not downloaded iOS 14 yet (thank goodness). I'm reluctant to go to the dealer since so far I've known more about the car than them (thanks to this forum)! Any suggestions?
Sponsored

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
My Connect quit working over a week ago. It says there is no connection between the PCM and the server. I've tried deleting and re-installing the app but that made no difference. Private mode in the PCM is inactive. Nothing had been changed and I have not downloaded iOS 14 yet (thank goodness). I'm reluctant to go to the dealer since so far I've known more about the car than them (thanks to this forum)! Any suggestions?
Welcome to the wonderful world of Porsche Software! :mad:

I really doubt your dealer is going to be of any value here. I would call Porsche Tech Support (800-767-7243). They are about as useless as the software but we all need to be opening up a support ticket each and every time this happens.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Just had the same problem 3 weeks ago...
No apparent reason. Waited a few days to make sure it was not the server in Germany (which was not down) and finally called Connect support. Very polite and trying to help. In the end, had to speak with the dealer and they interacted with Porsche Connect to reset some thing and ''release and attach'' the car (VIN) to me again (like the first time I did the original set up at pick up)
Now it's been two weeks and it's working fine.
Hope this can help...
Good luck and keep us posted!

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Just had the same problem 3 weeks ago...
No apparent reason. Waited a few days to make sure it was not the server in Germany (which was not down) and finally called Connect support. Very polite and trying to help. In the end, had to speak with the dealer and they interacted with Porsche Connect to reset some thing and ''release and attach'' the car (VIN) to me again (like the first time I did the original set up at pick up)
Now it's been two weeks and it's working fine.
Hope this can help...
Good luck and keep us posted!
Happened to me today: Connect said I don’t have a valid login. So then I tried the website, my login is valid but now I have no vehicle! An hour later it shows up on the website and what do you know the Connect app works again!

Cabsav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Happened to me today: Connect said I don’t have a valid login. So then I tried the website, my login is valid but now I have no vehicle! An hour later it shows up on the website and what do you know the Connect app works again!
I collected my Turbo 48 hours ago and suffering exactly the same problems. One moment the app says I am connected and the next it says that there are no vehicles attached to my account, same on the website. It is my second Taycan in a month, I rejected the first one after 4 weeks (and got a full refund!) because of the endless connectivity issues. It would appear this one is no better. It is only a matter of time before everything improves with software updates but such a shame that Porsche didn't get it right before releasing the cars.

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
TBH I think it may be all of the VAG cars having similar issues, I wonder if they all share the same back end online/connect/Tech Infra?
My Wife's brand new A3 has similar issues with the MyAudi system and the MMI in the Audi, it won't connect to the Audi back end (says generic error) - the vehicles key code took about 10+ attempts to pair, the web and Iphone app hang all the time and say bad login when the username and password are fine etc, etc in 5 days of ownership thus far for her.

The Audi dealership are equally as clueless on the Tech, with them saying generic BS of " the Audi Servers are down" :). I work in Tech and it's the equivalent of the help desk reboot your machine crap that is coming out their mouths.

I'm expecting similar problems when I get my Taycan next month on setup with dealership that I'll end solving myself by speaking to Porsche directly, but will keep my fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Cabsav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
TBH I think it may be all of the VAG cars having similar issues, I wonder if they all share the same back end online/connect/Tech Infra?
My Wife's brand new A3 has similar issues with the MyAudi system and the MMI in the Audi, it won't connect to the Audi back end (says generic error) - the vehicles key code took about 10+ attempts to pair, the web and Iphone app hang all the time and say bad login when the username and password are fine etc, etc in 5 days of ownership thus far for her.

The Audi dealership are equally as clueless on the Tech, with them saying generic BS of " the Audi Servers are down" :). I work in Tech and it's the equivalent of the help desk reboot your machine crap that is coming out their mouths.

I'm expecting similar problems when I get my Taycan next month on setup with dealership that I'll end solving myself by speaking to Porsche directly, but will keep my fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:
I have heard a rumour that a hard reset can sometimes work, the only issue is that the car has to go to GB at Reading as they are the only people in the country with the equipment to do it.
I fear you will have these problems with your car when it arrives and the dealers are completely ill equipped to help. It all has to be sorted via GB who merely wing it on to AG.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag

It’s back to forgetting me today. I contacted my SA with screen shots and he’s contacting PCNA on my behalf.

It is extremely frustrating, and similar to what drove me nuts when I first got my hybrid BMW. Eventually that stabilized, but with winter coming and not always having an exactly programmable schedule...great, I get to relive that frustration! I’m definitely not happy with this part, but the car is an absolute dream otherwise!

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
This is very annoying as cold whether is getting here. I tried to preheat my car this morning. It is in my garage, with reception - 2 bars on LTE. Server said car not available.... One of the features I love in EVs is the ability to preheat to a comfy temperature.

OP
OP

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, with it still being over 100 here I have been needing to use the pre-cool :). I also want to be able to monitor charging since the profile/timer never stops at 85%

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I collected my Turbo 48 hours ago and suffering exactly the same problems. One moment the app says I am connected and the next it says that there are no vehicles attached to my account, same on the website. It is my second Taycan in a month, I rejected the first one after 4 weeks (and got a full refund!) because of the endless connectivity issues. It would appear this one is no better. It is only a matter of time before everything improves with software updates but such a shame that Porsche didn't get it right before releasing the cars.
I'm having that too. My Cayenne is always there but the Taycan comes and goes.
Also anyone know how to change the setting to miles in the app?

OP
OP

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got back from 2 ½ hours at the dealer. The person who was supposed to know about software issues went through everything. We called the connect help desk and some yahoo in GA who didn't know anything suggested doing a hard reset. Service tech couldn't do anything since I didn't have an appointment for service :mad:. I have an appt for 10/19. In the meantime my acct has been deleted and they were not able to re-establish it (thus the appt). I love my Taycan, but the software bugs are ridiculous and the lack of people who know what they are doing is clear.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I had no connection to the car for over 1 week - this is very annoying since colder whether is slowly coming to Minnesota. The best I had was a brief flash of the green circle (meaning car is connected) but when trying to start climate it keeps giving an error message.

I called Porsche connect, "your call is important to us" for 15 minutes, then lost the connection. I sent an email from under the app, no acknowledgement x3.

Finally, I was able to get hold of a representative. Phillippe told me in sequence:
1. His menu does not start up
2. Please be patient, his menu does not start up
3. What is the problem? Me: I cannot get connected
4. Phillippe "You do not have Porsche Connect on your account", this is not available on your 4S
5. "You did not purchase the Porsche advanced security, Connect is through that package". Me: Do you know what you are talking about or are you just guessing?

Bottom line: as useless as ever, final advice was that I go to the dealer so they can sort it out.

Porsche connect is a joke as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
... because of the endless connectivity issues. It would appear this one is no better. It is only a matter of time before everything improves with software updates but such a shame that Porsche didn't get it right before releasing the cars.
I only got my app connection all working yesterday...
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect Doesn't -- no connection issue Screenshot_20201016-202142

...but now have an indicator problem on the dash display.

I am very happy, that Porsche did NOT wait to release the car. It drives amazing and I strongly feel the need to drive an EV in my environment.
Sponsored