Porsche Connect Doesn't -- no connection issue

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
So for those of you who contemplate fixing the problem, beware that it may take a while. Car has been at the dealer for 2 weeks now. They reset all systems, no luck yet. Service guys are nice, but they do not know how to fix it. They are now waiting for instructions from Germany.

Meanwhile I am driving my wife's model 3.... It has some gaps and occasional squeaks, spartan interior but it never fails to preheat whenever I need it. This is beginning to put a dent in my love for the car.
An update - car is back and working (sort-of).

The good things:
1. Local dealer (Porsche St Paul) was awesome. Professional, tried to keep me informed, negotiated with Porsche NA a compensation for the time spent in service.
2. Car works well - including the remote pre-conditioning

The bad things
1. It took 3.5 weeks to fix it - mostly waiting for Porsche Germany to move their behind
2. They found no defect, they went through a full reset (they did that on day 2, but it kept throwing error codes) - I am not sure what else Porsche Germany did but apparently it worked. This means it may do the same thing again....
3. There is still a glitch with the app - and a work around.

So here is what happened the day they returned the car to me. Morning: the Porsche connect app shows a connection to the car, remote condition all fine. Evening: leaving the office, no connection (again!). I remembered the service guys asked me not to exit the app, but rather log out in the app then log in again. I have to do that pretty much every time I want to remote control the climate, but it works each time.

Weird things:
1. Sometimes it takes couple of log out / log in cycles to get to connect
2. Sometimes when logging in it looks like no connection (red circles) then just about I am going to log out suddenly the circles turn green
3. Climate control in the app is not intuitive - there is no immediate way to tell if it actually started - you just have to wait to see if the counter goes from 1 hour to 59 min.
Sponsored

Last edited:

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Only way to solve connect issues is to do what i did. I emailed all the top porsche execs in germany. N america porsche useless. Within two days they fixed my connect issues. Secondly after i complained re all the calls to customer service and their incompetence they offered me a substantial loyalty reward certificate
Hi, just having the same type of issues with Connect. I posted a treat today, slightly different, including the AC, with all the mess I believe Connect is inducing errors everywhere. Would not be a surprise if some super IT guru are playing with remote updates.

Can you please provide the different email contacts at Porsche.
same as all of us, I love this car, but not willing to loose time.
cheers,

manojkoushik

First Name
Manoj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
hmmm...starting about 3 weeks ago I stopped being able to refresh car status on my phone app as well.

When contact 1800porsche, they asked me to do the "simple passwd". Now I have an 8 char passwd but i can't log in on the car anymore. Everytime it says invalid credentials.

As a result, every time I start the car I have to go through the setup flow again continue as guest before I can use things like nav etc. :(

very frustrating. I have sent an email to [email protected]....

any other ideas on how I might be able to resolve this? I have already tried changing the passwd multiple times. Always able to log in on the web and the app, but not in the PCM.

The dealer seemed to think i have "exhausted" the data on my car SIM!!!! what?? i have had the car like 4 months....and barely driving....

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
hmmm...starting about 3 weeks ago I stopped being able to refresh car status on my phone app as well.

When contact 1800porsche, they asked me to do the "simple passwd". Now I have an 8 char passwd but i can't log in on the car anymore. Everytime it says invalid credentials.

As a result, every time I start the car I have to go through the setup flow again continue as guest before I can use things like nav etc. :(

any other ideas on how I might be able to resolve this? I have already tried changing the passwd multiple times. Always able to log in on the web and the app, but not in the PCM.

The dealer seemed to think i have "exhausted" the data on my car SIM!!!! what?? i have had the car like 4 months....and barely driving....
Make sure you have a green light next to the SOS / emergency call button overhead (red light is a problem) and make sure your PCM shows LTE on the right side of the central display (not two parallel lines with a third line crossing them at an angle). If both are good (green light and LTE), have your dealer check the OTA Control Module - it's involved in many more things than just OTA firmware updates apparently. I had this same symptom and the problem was the OTA Control Module had somehow latched itself into a pre-delivery state but not the same pre-delivery state from which the dealer can transfer ownership from them to you. After replacing the module, my car was communicating with Porsche again and I was able to log in. I have a different problem with my Porsche ID, but this fixed the car side of the problem. The part may have to come from Germany, so if indeed there is a problem found, you are going to make an additional trip to the dealer.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag

You will not get an answer from Porsche Connect support, they are in my experience clueless and completely unaware on how to solve basic problems. I called 3 times with similar result - that is no help.

Submit an official request to your dealer, somehow that seems to get their attention much more than us mere mortals.

OP
OP

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
You will not get an answer from Porsche Connect support, they are in my experience clueless and completely unaware on how to solve basic problems. I called 3 times with similar result - that is no help.

Submit an official request to your dealer, somehow that seems to get their attention much more than us mere mortals.
Porsche Connect support is more worthless than the app.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
+1 for this. Both dealers I have worked with have been great and have been able to make things move (even if not solve all the issues) when Porsche Connect support has been a black hole of anything but support. Not to mention, when the dealer has to invest time, that gets back to Porsche and drives them to get better. I feel that Connect Support exists solely for placation.

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
+1 for this. Both dealers I have worked with have been great and have been able to make things move (even if not solve all the issues) when Porsche Connect support has been a black hole of anything but support. Not to mention, when the dealer has to invest time, that gets back to Porsche and drives them to get better. I feel that Connect Support exists solely for placation.
Hi, that’s true. Since last Saturday when I posted my request, no sign or any feedback from Connect, they are just not existing. The only one reacting very well is my dealer, and I must admit he is doing the upmost. He picked up my car yesterday morning and let me in his brand new Cayenne GTS, that’s a service we expect. I hope that Porsche will give us the service we expect. I spend a lot of money with Porsches in last 3 years, so it’s now the last moment to honor what the advertising..

manojkoushik

First Name
Manoj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
yeah....based on the response from the connect service team, which is mostly non-sensical. I don't expect much....I reached out the dealer yesterday....let me try to raise a response from them...

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yesterday, less than 1,5 days later, I got my car back from the dealer. That was quick one, and all my issues are solve. For the heating, it was internal failure of HV heater (low voltage side), and for Connect, they had to reset/unlock the SIM card module (I guess it’s combined with the OTA) using the diagnostic computer.

Now I have almost instant access to the car via the App, even with weak cellular network.

I’m very happy and impressed how Porsche Geneva took this seriously. A great thanks to all his team.

Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for Porsche Connect support, no sign or feedback since last Saturday, they are just not existing!

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Glad to here that yours is working as well.
On my side since my last post, connect was again U/S, but I’m very lucky and my dealer took immediate action. Troubleshooting revealed a faulty OTA, and was replaced the day after. Now the connection is working with more or less quick connection time.

Note, that I dropped at the same time a ticket at Connect Support and they answered (at least) 3 days after, but in the meantime all was fixed.

Nevertheless, I guess it’s really important that we all drop ticked to get things moving,

I heard a rumor that a big software update is coming very soon by end of December or January!

Cheers

An update on. The dealership service center fixed this. It was indeed the ota module...
Sponsored