Porsche Connected app functions not all working?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Hi guys,

I managed to get the app working but I'm not sure I have all the possibilities...
Why can't I lock the car remotely?
Windows close?
Lights?
Horn?
Etc...

Here's the home screen:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connected app functions not all working? Screenshot_20200606-175138
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Click the red dot circle and you'll understand why. Plus the app just sucks in general. Even if it was working flawlessly right now, it's almost a certainty the next time you try things will fail.

I'm stuck at "Loading user profiles..." EVERY time. I have to clear the app data and cache (essentially resetting everything) to get it semi-functional again. :(

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
The apps have never been good for any car.

The app I have for my Panamera rarely works properly and when you use the Apple Watch version of the app it deletes your login and makes you go back to the Porsche website to redo it

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Click the red dot circle and you'll understand why. Plus the app just sucks in general. Even if it was working flawlessly right now, it's almost a certainty the next time you try things will fail.

I'm stuck at "Loading user profiles..." EVERY time. I have to clear the app data and cache (essentially resetting everything) to get it semi-functional again. :(
Yeah, I know it doesn't have a connection with the car but still, I can send charging schedules to the car.
That's wierd then, right?

On my BMW i3 it worked flawlessly.
Every single time.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi guys,

I managed to get the app working but I'm not sure I have all the possibilities...
Why can't I lock the car remotely?
Windows close?
Lights?
Horn?
Etc...

Here's the home screen:
Screenshot_20200606-175138.png
My app connects to the car just fine, but even if I at times can see that a window is open or a door is open I can not adjust anything with the app. I think it is just for information at this stage. Perhaps Porsche hopes to improve on that. So you cannot unlock the car remotely or lower the windows! Luckily enough you can at least start the climate control to heat or cool the Car.

Reading @louv experience about changing anything about changing times for charging should also be avoided. Seems to get into trouble with the 12 volt battery. by doing that?

At this point of time there is very limited use of the app for any car control. Works fine at HPC charging stations where you can scan the code etc, but not much else unfortunately. Not even worth it to try to compare to other EVs

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
As far as I know, the Connect app can’t (yet?) do those things (lock doors, etc)

As you saw, it can preheat the car.

For now, my advice is to not mess with Timers or Charging Profiles via the smartphone App while the car is plugged into a Level2 charging station.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
As far as I know, the Connect app can’t (yet?) do those things (lock doors, etc)
We'll see...
That moment that I saw those buttons for a split second gives me hope.
I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Thx for reply though. ;)

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
My Panamera had to be paid for to add those features.

You can see if it’s locked or open, but had to pay for the security service for the lock/unlock features. I never bothered, but it’s handy to check if you locked or not

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
My Panamera had to be paid for to add those features.

You can see if it’s locked or open, but had to pay for the security service for the lock/unlock features. I never bothered, but it’s handy to check if you locked or not
I got full security (also needed to get insurance).
It does include remote options...

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I got full security (also needed to get insurance).
It does include remote options...
Interesting. I have an extra security package (here in the US) but apparently it does NOT add those remote options. But it does have the feature that they call me every time my 12v battery goes dead! :cool:

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I am not sure if it is linked or not, but I am happy that the Taycan has so low Phantom Drain. My car does not loose much power, if any, even if it stays unused for 5 days! Perhaps because it is not communicating all the time and have a lot of car control systems on stand by. Our Model3 loses 0.2 km/h when it is parked without Sentry mode activated. If the car is parked without plugging in at an airport for three weeks holiday, you had better have it properly charged before flying away, or else it might be a call to get a flat bed truck.

I will take the lack of remote control and have extremely low Phantom Drain every time.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I will take the lack of remote control and have extremely low Phantom Drain every time.
Totally agree. In all this years, I have never used the app. But of course, I will try with my new Taycan, once my baby!

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I tried something:
I added two timers (for Wednesday and Thursday).
Plugged the car in: nothing happened, good:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connected app functions not all working? Screenshot_20200607-121609

The app showed it was pauzed, good.

So, I switched on "direct charging": it started to charge, good:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connected app functions not all working? Screenshot_20200607-130926

Now the app shows it's charging, good.

After some time I switched off "direct charging" and gues what?
It worked!
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connected app functions not all working? Screenshot_20200607-131036

It's initialising....
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connected app functions not all working? Screenshot_20200607-131048

Back to pauze, good!
So far so good...

No buttons apear for the other remote functions though...
I managed to connect to the car's network but that doesn't change anything.
Ah well, when I have news I'll post it here.
:)

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
It's getting better!
Full comms so it does work. :)
Still, no extra buttons...
Screenshot_20200608-074146.png
How did you get the connection between "Mothership", which I assume is your home and the Taycan. That is the connection I am having trouble with to make the full circle.