Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
The saga of ordering and having the dealer install the highly touted Porsche Dashcam has finally come to a resolution. Porsche is removing it from my car and issuing a full refund. It turns out the camera itself and its firmware are defective. The camera sometimes senses the wrong voltage and will not turn on. The only way to get it to turn on is to use a paperclip and reset it. Obviously, this defeats the entire purpose of the Dashcam since one may not even be aware that it did not turn on. Per mechanics notes this is why NO ONE should buy the Porsche Dashcam:
Per Porsche the Dashcam reads the wrong voltage and will not turn on -KNOWN Problem and Porsche does not care they are selling a defective Dashcam.
Not an issue with wifi nor SDI card
Not an issue with wiring or base.
Mechanic was able duplicate problem of Dashcam not turning on and only way to turn on was a reset .
This is what I was told and seems to make sense: Porsche with all their cars focuses on the mechanics and how they drive. Everything else is far less important to Porsche, e.g. software and car add ons not a priority. So owning a Taycan means we have to sacrifice software for car mechanics and great car handling. In the end this is a tradeoff I am willing to make since I think Tesla's drive terrible but do have great software. MBZ has good software but I don't like the way they handle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
just another porsche fail.

ota updates, fail

plug and charge fail if the 19.2 onboard charger in place, which I paid extra for

trunk/frunk hands free opener, fail

PCM, fail

car play, semi fail, ok once it connects, if it connects

12v battery issues, fail

complete random system failures

poor routing via nav system, fail

have I missed any?

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
just another porsche fail.

ota updates, fail

plug and charge fail if the 19.2 onboard charger in place, which I paid extra for

trunk/frunk hands free opener, fail

PCM, fail

car play, semi fail, ok once it connects, if it connects

12v battery issues, fail

complete random system failures

poor routing via nav system, fail

have I missed any?
Kort missed the epic failure of EA charging stations. View “We road trip a porsche taycan over 1000 miles an get iced” carstube.info

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Kort missed the epic failure of EA charging stations. View “We road trip a porsche taycan over 1000 miles an get iced” carstube.info
getting iced at an EA station is not a car issue, running into inoperative EA units is not a porsche issue. I am trying to keep it real.
Sponsored