awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Who will fit it? Can you update us with photos, problems or not. Thanks in advance.
I'm going to fit it myself. Already removed the rear view mirror casing - which was the hardest part. The rest should be easy. Will take some photos when I do it (hopefully tomorrow).
Sponsored

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don't you find it pathetic that Porsche have options so many things that you almost lose the will to live getting through them but in 2021 they don't have a factory fitted Dash Cam !! - It's so amateurish that on a premium car that costs more than some people's homes you have to fit a third party camera and "run" the wires as best you can to a power source. Even if the fools had just put an usbc power socket in the mirror we couldat least fitted our own but I want a professional factory fitted camera system to protect the car and my insurance - like Tesla have. I have paid for 360 degree cameras why can't they be used? I don't know if anyone else is fed up with Porsche constantly boasting about their "DNA" and design skills, I think those should speak for themselves and frankly they don't. I have water vapour frequently in my Boxster 718 rear lights which I am told it perfectly normal and designed to be flushed out by driving far and fast. Only for it to reappear the following day. My Taycan has stopped randomly 3 times and displayed don't drive - ok if near a safe area but thought of it happening on a motorway is worrying. The PCM system is appalling and frequently results in journeys without music only to come back for the next trip. I don't think the mileage on a full charge is as quoted either. The Taycan is my third Porsche but I think it will be my last. There must be better options out there.
Yes, Taycan is my seventh Porsche still owning 4. But everytime you feel like they do you a favour when they repair their faulty stuff. And there is only the Porsche way to do things, even if it is stupid.

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Europe is not the same as EU (European Union). Multiple people have corrected others in here already.
In the USA due to budget short falls geography is no longer taught in schools. Apologies to those that live in europe. However we can locate every fast food restaurant and starbucks in N Amer

Porsche Taycan Porsche Dashcam Installed - Review and Overview for US Taycan Owners BAE5300E-728A-48D3-B824-3E5DD794F930

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
the only flaw with the porsche camera is the lack of a rear camera
The manual that comes with the Porsche Dashcam App references (including graphics) an optional rear camera as well.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
The manual that comes with the Porsche Dashcam App references (including graphics) an optional rear camera as well.
Yes, there is speculation above that the Dashcam is a version of the Audi dashcam. That dashcam does have a rear camera. The belief is that they chose not to make that feature available but used the same app documentation, apparently not noticing that they did not make the rear camera available.

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Yes, there is speculation above that the Dashcam is a version of the Audi dashcam. That dashcam does have a rear camera. The belief is that they chose not to make that feature available but used the same app documentation, apparently not noticing that they did not make the rear camera available.
After 3 days dealer has to replace my porsche dashcam. Still waiting for replacement. Like every part that uses porsche software ,doesnt work as described The issue is sometimes will not turn on. Have to use a paperclip to reset. No need for rear camera. If it from behind always fault of other driver so video not necessary

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
If it from behind always fault of other driver so video not necessary
Yeah, when someone walks up to your parked car from behind and then kicks in the door -- it'll be the fault of whomever is behind or to your l/r, right? I'm sure insurance will believe you.

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag

robert.ladd

First Name
robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 911, 2016 macan turbo
Country flag
I just had mine installed at my usual stereo store for $200 and it looks great...on the right side of mirror. Funny thing, the voice has an accent. Other thing of note they dont tell you when you connect to the unit's wifi to install firmware update or interface with camera, you need to put phone in airplane (flight) mode and turn on wifi. Otherwise Apple car play will kick you off the wifi as it connects you to the car. FYI this in my 2020 911

Porsche Taycan Porsche Dashcam Installed - Review and Overview for US Taycan Owners IMG_7447.JPG

Porsche Taycan Porsche Dashcam Installed - Review and Overview for US Taycan Owners IMG_7448.JPG

robert.ladd

First Name
robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 911, 2016 macan turbo
Country flag
Also despite the "rear" setting, there is no rear camera/lens. I think that is for "future" add ons

OP
OP

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Also despite the "rear" setting, there is no rear camera/lens. I think that is for "future" add ons
Please let us know if you have an issue with the camera not turning on when the car is turned on. Also, did your dealer confirm car warranty would not be affected by a non dealer install. My dealer stated non dealer install could void warranty if electrical issue ( probably BS to over charge me)
Sponsored