Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
There does not seem to be a manual way to trigger a recording. If that turns out to be true then how does one record the stupidity of other drivers?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
There does not seem to be a manual way to trigger a recording. If that turns out to be true then how does one record the stupidity of other drivers?
That's why I got a 3d party dash cam, which always records when the car is switched on. Not quite legal in some places, though...

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I guess I will still wait a bit until someone who buys one can confirm what all the features are but so far this is looking like a no-buy for me due to the apparent lack of ability to do an arbitrary capture. Back to the threads for peoples 3rd party dash cam suggestions.

appov

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
Our Porsche representative (in Germany) confirmed today that the dashcam will be available for purchase by Q3 2021.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don't all dashcams just record while driving?

I wouldn't want to need to manually trigger a recording to record the stupidity of other drivers since at that point it is too late or you should be paying attention to the road more.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Fwiw I’ve had good luck with Waylens 360. It’s on all the time and has 4G connectivity with cloud storage.
Sponsored