darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yes it was that session:like: what car was she in?
she was in the Mamba taycan GTS

we are the picture right at the backin the picture you took all the way down the inside with the other two couples. It’s only cos I recognised them that I realised we were there at the same time. We were the couple that had the two little boys with us
Porsche Taycan Porsche Driving Experience @ Silverstone, UK - quick review 9B36E975-F96B-4BF1-8696-CBB2FD5DA8E9
Sponsored

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
she was in the Mamba taycan GTS

we are the picture right at the backin the picture you took all the way down the inside with the other two couples. It’s only cos I recognised them that I realised we were there at the same time. We were the couple that had the two little boys with us
9B36E975-F96B-4BF1-8696-CBB2FD5DA8E9.jpeg
Yes I saw you guys. I was on my own here obvs and a few times I saw your family and your wife was next to me a few times on the circuit :)

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
A white Taycan Turbo Saloon. Your wife was in front of me often on the kick plate and the launch/brake test. She was smiling in a very slightly nervous but determined way :rock:
you were tearing that track up along with the black turbo S (really wanted to get onto the track but made sure she had all the time)

she prefers to be driven and is scared of the our CT4...told her she can manage it and good to do to brush up on skills. She absolutely loved it and was actually thinking of driving home again afterwards...Told her to keep her hands off my GTS when it arrives though lol

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
I did this in May. Really enjoyable chucking the car (a RWD) about and driving it like you wouldn't on the road. The skid plate and smooth surfaces were good to experience the car loosing grip and correcting it, but for me the most fun was the circuit around the back (where there are 3 lanes in the middle for acceleration and braking tests).

It was a dry day and no matter what I did I couldn't get the Taycan to become unsettled or uncontrolled. There's a left hand corner that dips down before rising again, and I tried to go faster and faster to get the back out but it just wouldn't do it.

The acceleration was pretty impressive for just a base car (the turbo S must be another world...) but the braking was really impressive. Literally standing on the brakes with my bum off the seat triggered the ABS but simply bought the car to a quick stop. No alarming weaving or correcting.

These are immensely capable cars.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
Regarding the spectator, are they allowed to sit in the rear of the car when you're driving?

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
you were tearing that track up along with the black turbo S (really wanted to get onto the track but made sure she had all the time)

she prefers to be driven and is scared of the our CT4...told her she can manage it and good to do to brush up on skills. She absolutely loved it and was actually thinking of driving home again afterwards...Told her to keep her hands off my GTS when it arrives though lol
Well I’m glad she enjoyed it :like:and it really was a great way to get to know the car in a safe, controlled environment where you can really push and explore some limits. It has made me a better driver imo. Driving the XC90 on the way home felt very weird though :CWL:

I did this in May. Really enjoyable chucking the car (a RWD) about and driving it like you wouldn't on the road. The skid plate and smooth surfaces were good to experience the car loosing grip and correcting it, but for me the most fun was the circuit around the back (where there are 3 lanes in the middle for acceleration and braking tests).

It was a dry day and no matter what I did I couldn't get the Taycan to become unsettled or uncontrolled. There's a left hand corner that dips down before rising again, and I tried to go faster and faster to get the back out but it just wouldn't do it.

The acceleration was pretty impressive for just a base car (the turbo S must be another world...) but the braking was really impressive. Literally standing on the brakes with my bum off the seat triggered the ABS but simply bought the car to a quick stop. No alarming weaving or correcting.

These are immensely capable cars.
They really are. I got some rotation on the rear and a tiny bit of slip on the tyres but the car then brought it back in line. The Taycan is just unbelievably fast and really you couldn’t deploy anywhere near its speed on track in a straight line in the Turbo. Totally agreed on the brakes, it was hard to believe they were still holding up even after a whole day of being stood on. Gives you so much confidence in the car you’ve bought:clap:

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I took my son so he could have a go too.
I had been going to Silverstone since I was a teenager, first as a fan then working.
I did the first session and my son the second. He had never driven anything that quick before and had a great time.

Having been driven around a lot of circuits by drivers I worked with* I am only too aware of the limits of my talent but I was impressed by the driver aids of the Taycan. Short of entering a corner far too fast the PSM stability control can deal with all my shortcomings!

I thought it was a superb day and, frankly, preventing me cancelling my order because I am fed up waiting.

* The most impressive were Carlos Reutemann round Brands Hatch and Keke Rosberg round the old Nurbergring.

Sadly the sort of fun we had testing in the old days of F1 are not available nowadays with almost no testing and huge teams.
Don't want to hijack thread - waiting for my PEC on Aug 3 - but ...... Too right Frank - Politics now determines performance as much as skill and engineering! .......e.g. present Flexi-floor debacle - last season's season end debacle etc. etc. etc.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good question. I guess they could🤷‍♂️ but I’d say it would get very uncomfortable being thrown around so much.
Confirmed they cannot "Please note spectating guests are unable to accompany you in car due to insurance purposes". Just as well, will save on sick bags.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Don't want to hijack thread - waiting for my PEC on Aug 3 - but ...... Too right Frank - Politics now determines performance as much as skill and engineering! .......e.g. present Flexi-floor debacle - last season's season end debacle etc. etc. etc.
There has always been politics, by miles the worst IME was Senna being disqualified at Suzuka in 1989.
What is bad now is teams with 1000 employees who aren’t allowed to talk to anybody in another team.
As you say not the right thread though, so excuse me.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
There’s a restaurant, several viewing areas and food and drink. Lots of cars to look at. I’m not sure what else you can book/do though, might be worth asking Porsche.

It’s quite a long session, 2.5 hours of driving time total, with a break in the middle for an afternoon tea/drinks. It is pretty cool and there’s stuff to see. Not sure how much of the circuit you can look around.
My daughter was asking about the museum, is that on site?

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is the actual circuit used? I have Silverstone in Project Cars 2 on the PS5 and could get a bit of practice beforehand.
Sponsored