Porsche drops first production Taycan images in official camo!

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Finally I am seeing these images on something bigger than a smart phone. And I have to agree with the Yah-sayers and negate my previous comments.... YES, I think it will be big, but it will look gorgeous! notably the details spell everything, and although grainy the photos show off some really nice details under the camo

Just also realized this: The White car in the other room that you can see through the cracks in the center is a white Panamera! and as you can see on my traced image the Taycan is a lot lower than the Panamera and has a different rake of the windshield........ I think that is really what they are trying to tell us in the first image.....

Taycan .png
That's such a relief you can't even imagine. Thanks for that pic!

That teaser picture of the Taycan is the best - showcases a sleek, supercar-like silhouette. There's so many four door cars that look like coupes, but this will be the first four-door I can remember that looks like a supercar.
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Just also realized this: The White car in the other room that you can see through the cracks in the center is a white Panamera! and as you can see on my traced image the Taycan is a lot lower than the Panamera and has a different rake of the windshield........ I think that is really what they are trying to tell us in the first image.....

Taycan .png
I now see what you mean.
Interesting indeed!
Good eye!

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I now see what you mean.
Interesting indeed!
Good eye!
Finally I am seeing these images on something bigger than a smart phone. And I have to agree with the Yah-sayers and negate my previous comments.... YES, I think it will be big, but it will look gorgeous! notably the details spell everything, and although grainy the photos show off some really nice details under the camo

Taycan .png
If you look at the pictures in the Newsroom https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/201...-revolution-electromobility-taycan-17255.html, you may find the
answer;)

Reactions: Dee

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
if you mean the new 911 in that image then no. this is a panamera if you look at the door handle and the creases in the door panel. and also the pure height from the ground and of the top of the car. so i guess they had two more cars in the studio for comparison. just my two cents ;-)

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
if you mean the new 911 in that image then no. this is a panamera if you look at the door handle and the creases in the door panel. and also the pure height from the ground and of the top of the car. so i guess they had two more cars in the studio for comparison. just my two cents ;-)
To me it seems that the pictures are taken in context of the article, which is about 911 and Taycan, but you may be right. Porsche knows....

Just after the pictures wad published, I received a newsletter from Porsche Norway. Translated to English the first section says:

Camouflage can hide appearance, but it does not hide the soul. Today, images of Taycan in new disguise are made available. In the detailed pictures above you see a good wallpaper Taycan, where you can glimpse some of the design details in the car. The latest sketches of the production car; which gives a clue to how the design details hidden by the tape will be, you see in the link below. The soul of Porsche will be well taken care of when the sports car brand enters the full-electric era under the motto "Soul Electrified".

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
do we have consensus ......./

B9F8F1B7-1389-4650-9CA1-41C6787E6708.jpeg
Point made!

I am quite happy to see how much lower the Taycan will be than the Panamera. I knew it for some time, but seeing it - not quite in person but displayed clearly - does put my mind at ease!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
On another forum they calculated the height by comparing it to a testdriver.
Can't find the pic but it was something like this:
Porsche Taycan Porsche drops first production Taycan images in official camo! 2019-03-22_19.17.39

Disclaimer: lines are off but it's to show the principle.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
On another forum they calculated the height by comparing it to a testdriver.
Can't find the pic but it was something like this:
2019-03-22_19.17.39.jpg

Disclaimer: lines are off but it's to show the principle.
No, it's bang on, it's supposed to be 1.38m high

Lsr911

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1989 Speedster, 2015 Macan Turbo, 1985 Carrera, Audi A8L, 1971 911T, 1973 914
Country flag
I was very excited after viewing the latest renderings. After viewing these images all I can say is good looking from the rear, that's it. Now refund my deposit. The rest of the car is not what I saw in the Mission E or the renderings. It lost is Soul.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
I was very excited after viewing the latest renderings. After viewing these images all I can say is good looking from the rear, that's it. Now refund my deposit. The rest of the car is not what I saw in the Mission E or the renderings. It lost is Soul.
The renderings are so different from the mules, it’s disheartening. I’m hanging on with my place in line but will bail if the finished product is a lower wider Panamera

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I can see what you mean.
I'm just hanging on and if I'm disappointed I can sell my number to someone who wants it first instead of waiting for another year, lol!
Sponsored