Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
Curious if anyone who ordered the PDCC suspension option and has driven their car now has an opinion if it was worth the extra cost? I have it on my 4S, delivery next Friday.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the 5,200 lbs car is mostly flat around corners pulling nearly 0.9 g's based on dash board on roads I might or might not have been exceeding the speed limit…I'm fairly confident that would not be the case if my Taycan did not have PDCC…but it's really really hard to tell without going back and forth between a car with and with out kinda in the same day on the same road…

I severely doubt it makes things worse, can you tell you have it? Yeah on my build sheet is says so and I paid for it- so it must be good.

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Curious if anyone who ordered the PDCC suspension option and has driven their car now has an opinion if it was worth the extra cost? I have it on my 4S, delivery next Friday.
Hello Larry,

I was researching PDCC on the Taycan and saw your post. My build locks at the end of the month and I am trying to decide if it is worth adding PDCC. Now that you have your car - what do you think of it? For you is it a nice to have? A must have? Or something you would pass on?

Regards,
-Bruce

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
i have PDCC and for a 5,100 lbs vehicle it does a great job keeping body roll to a minimum - and if you enable the PDCC display on the dash display - you can see the vehicle “working” to keep the Taycan as “flat” as possible - if smooth ride under any circumstance, speed and cornering is important to you the PDCC is a system that working behind the scenes makes a measurable difference in vehicle dynamics…

if you are like me (I’m weak and pathetic) when there is an option I’ve considered, and then later pass on it purely for cost reasons - it “eats” at me for the rest of my years that I didn’t simply check the box…if you plan to own this car for any length of time - I recomend “no regrets” - get it the way you want it - that way you’ll never 2nd guess yourself.

Bsteffes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 S (s) Cayenne S, Taycan 4s, GT4 clubsport
Country flag
i have PDCC and for a 5,100 lbs vehicle it does a great job keeping body roll to a minimum - and if you enable the PDCC display on the dash display - you can see the vehicle “working” to keep the Taycan as “flat” as possible - if smooth ride under any circumstance, speed and cornering is important to you the PDCC is a system that working behind the scenes makes a measurable difference in vehicle dynamics…

if you are like me (I’m weak and pathetic) when there is an option I’ve considered, and then later pass on it purely for cost reasons - it “eats” at me for the rest of my years that I didn’t simply check the box…if you plan to own this car for any length of time - I recomend “no regrets” - get it the way you want it - that way you’ll never 2nd guess yourself.
Agree 100% with Dave. I ordered it as well. Had it previously on my Panamera Turbo (2017) and was sold. It makes the elephant dance. I drove (hard) the turbo version of the Taycan prior to my delivery without the PDCC (or 4WS)....and while fast....I would take my 4S with the full Sport Package as it makes the handling so much better. Is it worth the price? I gave up answering that years ago with this brand. But the handling is amazing. Added summer tires to top it off...and it is quite a marvel of engineering.

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Thanks David,

Yes - lol - I expect I am like you about options and would regret not choosing it so probably will.

Thanks for your post, it is great to get that feedback. From what I can tell PDCC is one of the least discussed options on the Taycan from owners who have it.

OP
OP
Larry Martin

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
Hello Larry,

I was researching PDCC on the Taycan and saw your post. My build locks at the end of the month and I am trying to decide if it is worth adding PDCC. Now that you have your car - what do you think of it? For you is it a nice to have? A must have? Or something you would pass on?

Regards,
-Bruce
I’d go for it. One of the biggest pleasures in sticking this car’s front end into a hard turn and having it go around the corner so flat and secure. I’d have to drive my car wo PDCC to do a accurate assessment, but I’ve driven a lot of fast cars and this one corners the best of any. So if you can afford it, do it.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not an experienced sports car driver by any stretch, but I got to tell you I enjoy taking corners so much now. PDCC and the rear wheel steering are great things.

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Agree 100% with Dave. I ordered it as well. Had it previously on my Panamera Turbo (2017) and was sold. It makes the elephant dance. I drove (hard) the turbo version of the Taycan prior to my delivery without the PDCC (or 4WS)....and while fast....I would take my 4S with the full Sport Package as it makes the handling so much better. Is it worth the price? I gave up answering that years ago with this brand. But the handling is amazing. Added summer tires to top it off...and it is quite a marvel of engineering.
Thanks - great to hear - particularly that you both had it before on your Panamera and got it again - and that you drove the Turbo without it and like the 4S better. That says a lot :)

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’d go for it. One of the biggest pleasures in sticking this car’s front end into a hard turn and having it go around the corner so flat and secure. I’d have to drive my car wo PDCC to do a accurate assessment, but I’ve driven a lot of fast cars and this one corners the best of any. So if you can afford it, do it.
Thanks Larry - good to hear :)

OP
OP
Larry Martin

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
Not an experienced sports car driver by any stretch, but I got to tell you I enjoy taking corners so much now. PDCC and the rear wheel steering are great things.
Reg - where r u? I’m up in wine country and have yet to see another Taycan? Seen any where u r?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reg - where r u? I’m up in wine country and have yet to see another Taycan? Seen any where u r?
Hmmm...wine country? Road trip!!

I am in the South Bay, near Cupertino. I've only seen two other Taycan's (and I drive a lot), one at the dealership when I had it in for service, and one at a stop light where we chatted briefly.

The guy who did my wrap said that he has about 3 other Taycans that are scheduled to come in.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag

As someone who got PDCC on my 991, I can tell you another interesting benefit I hadn't initially considered: tire wear. Because PDCC is designed to try to hold a maximal contact patch against the road, it turns out that PDCC-equipped cars experience more even tire wear than cars without. That actually results in slightly longer tire life, as well as better traction.

My 991 exhibited freakishly even tire wear throughout it's life. I never saw cupping or exaggerated wear on the outside of the tire. A first for me in performance cars. And yes, I drove it hard. :)

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I opted out of PDCC to save costs. The cornering limits are so high even without it that I haven't missed it. This car just does not have a lot of body roll to start with. It would be totally different if I took it to the track. Just my two cents.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I assume that there’s a (big) difference regarding how much the PDCC adds on a car with extremely low center of gravity (Taycan) and an ICE car, e.g. Panamera or even a 911.

Anyone who has tried a Taycan with and without PDCC?

I opted for the RWS and PTV+ instead as it was the same price as PDCC.
Sponsored