Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
One follow up question to anyone who has PDCC. Does PDCC help keep the car flat even when you have the suspension in normal or sport (rather than sport+). I have not heard this but have speculated - to keep the car flat the natural thing to without PDCC is to have the car in sport+. But that lowers the car, and tightens the suspension overall even when you are not going through turns or driving the car hard. In the Panamera and 911 I have had (neither of which had PDCC) - I typically drive in Sport rather than Sport+ (at least day-to-day). I have speculated that with PDCC you might get a the more comfortable ride of sport mode but still be able to corner like a non PDCC car in Sport+.

Net - the focus on PDCC is always about tracking the car on discussions I see. But if my speculation is correct it actually might help the car handle better in a more comfortable drive mode.

Am I way off base here? Or is this a possible benefit of PDCC?
Sponsored

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
This is very much personal preference.

My first test drive of 4S without PDCC on all season tires was honestly disappointing. Based on that drive I would have passed on the Taycan. I was not impressed with the tires or the body roll.

After months of reviews and all the hype I expected better. After driving a Turbo w/PDCC and good summer tires I was " that's what I was expecting" :like:

Again, depends on expectations and what vehicle you are comparing it too.
As mentioned PDCC with quality summer tires makes this car come alive

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag

My first test drive of 4S without PDCC on all season tires was honestly disappointing. Based on that drive I would have passed on the Taycan. I was not impressed with the tires or the body roll.

After months of reviews and all the hype I expected better. After driving a Turbo w/PDCC and good summer tires I was " that's what I was expecting" :like:

I believe that the Turbo also has PTV+ as standard. At least here in EU. Also the difference between all season tires and some good summer tires should make a difference.
My point is - how much difference will there be with a Taycan with RWS, PTV+ and PCDD, and a Taycan with RWS, PTV+ and without PCDD?

Bsteffes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 S (s) Cayenne S, Taycan 4s, GT4 clubsport
Country flag

100% agree. The full sport package combo and Porsche rated summer tires...unleashes this car.
Yes, PDCC works full time. Regardless of what mode you are in at the time. The level of aggressiveness of the system is all that changes.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
PDCC is part of my first set of check boxes on a new Porsche: every performance option. That said, we have PDCC, Rear Wheel Steering, and PTV+ (standard on Turbo S).
In NORMAL mode, the ride is softer (more comfortable) than a car without PDCC. In SPORT+, the ride is stiffer than a car without PDCC. You win on both counts.
Our Turbo S drives like a go cart in SPORT+ when making avoidance moves at highway speeds (also has RWS). In NORMAL mode it is too soft for all but rough roads and then it is a delight.
PDCC rocks (all puns intended)!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Anyone who has tried a Taycan with and without PDCC?
I drove the Turbo S at Hockenheimring and I am sure it was fully loaded with PDCC. Driving it is like driving a train on tracks in all the corners. It was most obvious when you fly out of the 180° carousel corner:

Look how stable the car is, when exiting this corner at 4:44

My 4S+ does not have PDCC and I can feel the difference particularly when I do launch controls and really wiggle the steering wheel. But it does not bother me, because the battery is so low and so heavy. In fact, I could make a case saying, that you have more real feel for the car without it.

If you're tight on budget, RWS is by far the best and most useful option. PTV+ helps a lot to get around corners together with RWS. I can take corners with 80, which I could only drive 60 with my Audi A7. :)

Rafter

First Name
Emre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 C4S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
100% agree. The full sport package combo and Porsche rated summer tires...unleashes this car.
Yes, PDCC works full time. Regardless of what mode you are in at the time. The level of aggressiveness of the system is all that changes.
is it possible to turn the PDCC off from the menu?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
PDCC was track tested this past monday @ laguna seca raceway - I can’t say for sure how good it was because I’d need a taycan without PDCC - but I can tell you the car handles great on the track - even through the cork-screw no drama what so ever - turn 9 (big sweeping left hander high speed) car was flat and easy to point and hit the apex…

teh 5,100 lbs vehicle on track at speed was 100% drama free - I’m thinking PDCC (along with other prosche magic systems) was a huge benefit under these circumstances…

so if your morning commute includes laps at Laguna Seca I highly recommend this option.

Bsteffes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 S (s) Cayenne S, Taycan 4s, GT4 clubsport
Country flag
PDCC was track tested this past monday @ laguna seca raceway - I can’t say for sure how good it was because I’d need a taycan without PDCC - but I can tell you the car handles great on the track - even through the cork-screw no drama what so ever - turn 9 (big sweeping left hander high speed) car was flat and easy to point and hit the apex…

teh 5,100 lbs vehicle on track at speed was 100% drama free - I’m thinking PDCC (along with other prosche magic systems) was a huge benefit under these circumstances…

so if your morning commute includes laps at Laguna Seca I highly recommend this option.
Well stated. But what if we just want to use our imagination and pretend our commute is a track lap? I think PDCC works either way.
Sponsored