Porsche electric sport sound YES/NO?

Is electric sport sound a worthy option?

• Total voters

QA4A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4, Taycan (ordered)
Country flag
Googling that part number, I found instructions on how to install the sport sound retrofit. THere are also speakers for the rear passengers!

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10183502-0001.pdf
This looks to confirm my theory that (1) is for the mandatory PWS system and that (5) and (2) are the additional speakers fitted to create the electric sports sound.

It looks as though (5) are fitted in the rear doors to create the interior sound and (2) is fitted under the rear bumper to create the exterior sound.

Nice find!
Sponsored

powderpc

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Taycan 4S, 22 Bronco, Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
You definitely get a "free" sound playing outside the car that you can hear at low speed below 40 mph. You can also upgrade the sound later as it is just software and apparently something that can be installed at any time. As with all Porsche options if you have the money then go for it otherwise you'll live ... the Taycan doesn't need a sound to get your heart racing.

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
I have been contemplating adding the electric sport sound option to my taycan.
would you guys recommend it for just under USD1,000 or is it not worth it?
It is a pretty cool sound and my passengers like it more than I ever thought I would like it. It is a very "futuristic" sound, and makes you feel like you are in a spaceship during acceleration and braking. I use it all the time and like it and thought it was a no-brainer for $500. You can always leave it turned off if you don't like it, but it is worth the price the first time you see a kid in your car and they hear it!

Reactions: B61

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
You definitely get a "free" sound playing outside the car that you can hear at low speed below 40 mph. You can also upgrade the sound later as it is just software and apparently something that can be installed at any time. As with all Porsche options if you have the money then go for it otherwise you'll live ... the Taycan doesn't need a sound to get your heart racing.
No, it's not just software.
You need additional hardware too, it's a Tequipment item.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/porsche-electric-sport-sound-yes-no.5660/post-78322

Porsche Taycan Porsche electric sport sound YES/NO? Screenshot_20210707-022328

Last edited:

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I would like to hack the file and have it play this instead
I'm a fan of having the sound but this is just outright funny no matter what side of the fence you are on.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I don’t know how, but it reminds me on some horror movie…with that doll, Chucky, or something like that? :devil:

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've been driving a RWD Taycan loaner for the past couple days and to me the Electrical Sport sound is different and much softer compared to my 4s. I personally wouldn't bother with the sound. On the RWD base it isn't too noticeable, and on the 4s, it's fun for the first day and then it get just meh for me.

Might be good for resale since it'll be one of those fun feature that can hook a potential future owner.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I've been driving a RWD Taycan loaner for the past couple days and to me the Electrical Sport sound is different and much softer compared to my 4s. I personally wouldn't bother with the sound. On the RWD base it isn't too noticeable, and on the 4s, it's fun for the first day and then it get just meh for me.

Might be good for resale since it'll be one of those fun feature that can hook a potential future owner.
Were you in the same drive mode? I've noticed the sport sound to be more pronounced when in Sport mode in my RWD as opposed to Normal (I don't have Sport Plus).

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Were you in the same drive mode? I've noticed the sport sound to be more pronounced when in Sport mode in my RWD as opposed to Normal (I don't have Sport Plus).
It's definitely louder and more pronounced.

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Even if you "like" sports sound there is a silly electronic sound even when the sports sound is turned off.

OP
OP
Nik1

Nik1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I just received the official quote from the Porsche service Center in Dubai for the the tequipment including labour, and it turns out to be a grand total of USD2,500!!
Now I’m thinking twice…

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
I was hoping it was a software only update. Porsche dealer confirmed it is not , they do retrofit for £1800. Wish I had specced it, but will cope without now.

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Coming from a Tesla Model S I voted „no“. Electric means low noise after these 5 years. And I did not like it very much during my test drive. Happily lovong w/o it. I do understand other prefs though ;)
Sponsored