LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I recently picked up my Taycan at the Porsche Delivery Service in Los Angeles and thought I would share my experiences there.

TL, DR. It was an A+ experience. Charles and Eric and the rest of the team were excellent!
I did the Porsche Delivery Experience yesterday at PEC Atlanta, and it was equally fantastic. Very similar to your agenda and experience, and very similar level of enthusiasm and passion for the brand and its customers.

I took a bunch of photos of the car and PECATL and created a "Showcase" gallery here:
xa_sc_view_item_x

If you're thinking about doing a PEC pickup I highly recommend it!

Brent

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am so bummed, I had put down for the PECLA delivery in my original order but after calling PECLA months ago and hearing the experience changes I had gotten cold feet and asked my dealer to cancel it. Then I wanted to put back but it was too late.
The only advantage is that I will probably get car sooner to experience for myself.
October 30th est... :rolleyes:
I'll make a trip to Los Angeles for a Taycan experience next year probably.

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
I am so bummed, I had put down for the PECLA delivery in my original order but after calling PECLA months ago and hearing the experience changes I had gotten cold feet and asked my dealer to cancel it. Then I wanted to put back but it was too late.
The only advantage is that I will probably get car sooner to experience for myself.
Out of curiosity, what were the experience changes that made you get cold feet?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Out of curiosity, what were the experience changes that made you get cold feet?
Loosing a driver in the vehicle I felt was a bit of loss, but from the @Reg review I was convinced otherwise.
Sigh, but I didn't change my decision back in time.

OP
OP

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Try escalating this. Given the reasons and covid, someone higher up may decide to let you change. The only downside also is depending on how busy they are, you may not get you car for via pecla for several weeks vs picking up at dealer. They only do deliveries w-F and only two a day.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update 9-21 - Scheduled back to PECLA on Nov 11th. ;)

I was able to contact tecla and make the change, it delays my delivery by 12 days but I do feel more confident in their setup as well as getting the experience of the car (that is not my own) on the track. :cool:

Thanks for the motivation @Reg