Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Yeah, got my invites today. One for 911 and one for Taycan. Kids can’t come so I’m just going to wait. Enjoy!
No invite for me yet even though the car is a week away. I want to wait anyway to make it more than a solo event...
Sponsored

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Silverstone Porsche Centre are open.

They are taking bookings for Taycan test drives (they have a Turbo) from Monday 6th July. Only the "Driver" is allowed, no friends, due to COVID.

I am booked in for my test drive on Wednesday 8th July :like:
Had a fabulous day yesterday, highly recommended, if you haven't already done so, ring up the Porsche experience centre and book your free slot. When I made my booking, at no extra cost, I added a friend as a "Shared Driver" to my slot, so he could have a drive and experience this amazing car too. My eyes are now back in their sockets having done plenty of launch controls, but the smile is still there 24 hours on.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7186
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7187
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7188
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7190
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7200
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7203

Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7201

Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7202

Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7225
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7173
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7175
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7181
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7222
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7223
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7183

Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_7167

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Had a fabulous day yesterday, highly recommended, if you haven't already done so, ring up the Porsche experience centre and book your free slot. When I made my booking, at no extra cost, I added a friend as a "Shared Driver" to my slot, so he could have a drive and experience this amazing car too. My eyes are now back in their sockets having done plenty of launch controls, but the smile is still there 24 hours on.

View attachment 6260
IMG_7186.jpg
IMG_7187.jpg
IMG_7188.jpg
IMG_7190.jpg
IMG_7200.jpg
IMG_7203.jpg
IMG_7225.jpg
IMG_7173.jpg
IMG_7175.jpg
IMG_7181.jpg
IMG_7222.jpg
IMG_7223.jpg
IMG_7183.jpg

IMG_7167.jpg

View attachment 6270
Looks great! Do they have a charger there for the car, whilst your driving?

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks great! Do they have a charger there for the car, whilst your driving?
Yes they have 4 super chargers at the back of the complex for the Demo cars The driving consultant took me though the basic of charging the car. When we stopped for a coffee break, we plugged my demo car in. It took around 1% of new new charge minute.

They have some other chargers at the front of the experience centre, which I hear are free for Porsche EV owners. But not every Joe Bloggs can use them as you need to get past security on the main gate. Who request to see your booking reservation before allowing you into the Silverstone complex.

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes they have 4 super chargers at the back of the complex for the Demo cars and some at the front, which I hear are free for Porsche EV owners. Not every Joe Bloggs can use them as you need to get past security on the main gate. Who request to see your booking reservation before allowing you into the Silverstone complex.
Good to know. Thanks. I’m thinking of doing a road trip in the Taycan from Aberdeen to Silverstone later this year. Looking at charging I’ll use the IONITY chargers in Perth Or Gretna Green then the one at Silverstone. Thanks for the info.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I did the GT3RS day a few years back it was a lot of fun

OP
OP

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I'm back there on Monday morning, can't wait! Did the instructor accompany you in the car? When I booked several weeks back they said the instructors weren't going in the cars? So I presume they give out radios and maybe monitor your driving remotely via in car cam.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Good to know. Thanks. I’m thinking of doing a road trip in the Taycan from Aberdeen to Silverstone later this year. Looking at charging I’ll use the IONITY chargers in Perth Or Gretna Green then the one at Silverstone. Thanks for the info.
Is there Ionity at Perth now? Wow, just checked, it says it’s open, I didn’t even know they were building there.....

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there Ionity at Perth now? Wow, just checked, it says it’s open, I didn’t even know they were building there.....
Next one opens in Glasgow soon. Got a trip to Loch Lomond next week. Might hit the Perth charger for some free Porsche electrons!

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes they have 4 super chargers at the back of the complex for the Demo cars and some at the front, which I hear are free for Porsche EV owners. Not every Joe Bloggs can use them as you need to get past security on the main gate. Who request to see your booking reservation before allowing you into the Silverstone complex.
I'm back there on Monday morning, can't wait! Did the instructor accompany you in the car? When I booked several weeks back they said the instructors weren't going in the cars? So I presume they give out radios and maybe monitor your driving remotely via in car cam.
The driving instructor was in another Taycan in front of me leading the way. He communicated to me via Motorola radio, I did not have to operate the radio, his instructions were clear and easy to responded too. "Switch to Sport Plus"........ "When you are ready, do another Launch control, this time taking your hands of the steering wheel, to let the car show you how well it controls itself during an emergency stop"

No car cam. personal phones need to be off. If you have a GoPro or something similar, I would recommend taking it..... I did't and regret not saving the moment !

Reactions: GEE
OP
OP

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Had a fantastic day at PEC yesterday. There were few cars on track (2 x cayman, 1 x macan, 1 x 992 turbo & 2 x Taycan's) and this time it allowed me to fully explore everything PEC offers (expect figure of 8, wasn't interested in that). Queuing was non-existent to the ice-wall, kick plate, brake testing, low friction track etc which allowed me to have multiple (10+) goes on each. Both tracks were clear too, so when we went on them, we didn't come across any traffic.

I highly recommend going now because it was so quiet. TBH, it was the best PEC yet, regardless how amazing the Taycan was.

Also, there was a small family (parents + 7 yr old) that arrived for the afternoon session. So, it looks like they are allowing guests.

Peterw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo -soon
Country flag
Hi again, we visited the Silverstone porsche experience centre yesterday morning , and had a great time - not been there before

Victoria ( daughter ) had a Taycan Turbo, unfortunatley they only had a Turbo S for me

The mornings experience included +2 hours of drive time in your car following or leading yoru individual driving consultat in a seperate car ( COVID sepration rules ) they can talk to you through a radio link , but you cannot answer back

The Taycans were trully impressive when compared with some of the conventional vehicles, they are over 2 tonnes but perform well on the handling tracks, and with stability control off can be drifted up the "ice" hill sideways

we arrived to a breakfast, and left after a lunch , thoroughly good "Dad and daughter" morning

then had to revert to "normal" to drive back to yorkshire

We tried to charge at the silverstone centre using porsche fast DC charger arriving with 35% battery remaining, but the fast chargers kept cutting out after 4-5 mins , so we only charged to 70% after multiple reconnections . The chaps there said there was an impeding service action to replace cable from DC charge port to inverter, anyone know anything about this

I have used Ionity charger at leeds with no problems previously
Sponsored