kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I feel a bit sad for those who are ā€œonly buying a Taycan because of the tax benefitsā€. Iā€™m buying it because I wanted an EV. And because there is one choice for an EV for me. And itā€™s the Taycan. And itā€™s bloody awesome.

I specā€™d up a 718 Spider today as a compliment to the Taycan. So tempting!

More on-topic: I thankfully managed to get the old APR, but Iā€™m thinking pay the finance off now and save some cash soon.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I specā€™d up a 718 Spider today as a compliment to the Taycan.
:rock: A few months ago when deep in Taycan waiting purgatory I spec'd up a shark blue GT3 Touring with satin neodyme wheels as an insane last ditch "phwoaaor the dinosaurs are about to become extinct....it's now or never!!!" moment....

Now I just looked out the window at the Taycan. Time for a midnight drive my mistress!! āœŒ

Maybe the dinosaurs will wait around a bit longer. Do shark and gentian blues colour clash?! šŸ¤£

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag
Hmmm, if it's looking that expensive even out of principle I would hesitate.

That money can be used for so many better things and let's face it, we are only buying a Taycan becuae of the tax benefits. If those benefits evaporate, then what's the point?

May as well take a bigger salary and get a 911 instead.

There will be a lot of cheap used cars by the summer as more get handed back and even more sit in showrooms with people unwilling to finance.
I for one did not order a Taycan for tax benefits. If you are youā€™re not a real Porsche/Porsche ev fan at all and indeed should put your money elsewhere.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I for one did not order a Taycan for tax benefits. If you are youā€™re not a real Porsche/Porsche ev fan at all and indeed should put your money elsewhere.
A lot seem to have misunderstood my comment, which was specific to business owners, not in general.

Part of the reason why the Taycan is so popular is because as a company car, the tax benefits are the reason why it is chosen over:
  1. Equivalent ICE cars: since the personal and company taxes would be eye-watering
  2. Equivalent EV cars: because there are none.

That is partly why the Taycan has sold so well.

If I had the choice of a Taycan, 911, 718 Cayman, or an AMG GT, I would put at least two of those cars ahead of the Taycan.

But alas I have to purchase through my company for tax reasons, so that is why the Taycan is top of the list.

It is an incredible car and one I am excited to own, however, if tax was no issue then I would 100% get a two-seater ICE sports car instead.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Does anyone have experience of negotiating a Business Lease down on the monthly's? I appreciate Porsche give NOTHING away for free...not even update emails... but when they quote you a lease, is that set in stone?

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
A lot seem to have misunderstood my comment, which was specific to business owners, not in general.

Part of the reason why the Taycan is so popular is because as a company car, the tax benefits are the reason why it is chosen over:
  1. Equivalent ICE cars: since the personal and company taxes would be eye-watering
  2. Equivalent EV cars: because there are none.

That is partly why the Taycan has sold so well.

If I had the choice of a Taycan, 911, 718 Cayman, or an AMG GT, I would put at least two of those cars ahead of the Taycan.

But alas I have to purchase through my company for tax reasons, so that is why the Taycan is top of the list.

It is an incredible car and one I am excited to own, however, if tax was no issue then I would 100% get a two-seater ICE sports car instead.
I guess the tax concessions are driving behaviours as intended then.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Does anyone have experience of negotiating a Business Lease down on the monthly's? I appreciate Porsche give NOTHING away for free...not even update emails... but when they quote you a lease, is that set in stone?
Speak with the Business Manager at the Dealership. Like all things it's an online tool they use but they may be able to make favourable adjustments.
Sponsored