Porsche Good to Know app - will not download Taycan info

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been trying for 3 days to get the Taycan digital manual downloaded using the Porsche Good to Know Android app in USA.
I can install the app from Google Play Store, but after I select Taycan 2021 model, the "loading text and images" is very slow. Gets to 8 % in an hour or so. One time got to 15 % after four hours.
Trying on two Android devices: phone and tablet. Uninstalled/reinstalled app does not help.
Internet speedtest results show good connection speeds. Other apps work fine.
Called 1-800-porsche. No change so far.
Anyone else in NA having this problem?
Sponsored

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Similar problem for me on iOS. When I open the Good To Know app it doesn't load anything. It just shows the Porsche logo for about 10 seconds and then it says "Error: No connection to the internet". Everything else on my phone is working fine with all other apps and services. I'm on WiFi at home and my internet is working fine on other devices as well.

EDIT: After letting it sit for a minute or two it finally loaded the main screen. When I click on Taycan, it doesn't even show 2022 in the list. I chose 2021 and it did download after a few seconds. I'm on WiFi. It's a pretty large file (228MB).

EDIT2: Tried to actually access some content and the app keeps freezing/crashing.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Same with me, but it just finally downloaded:

Model Year 2021 - WKD Y1A 021212 - 228MB

On my iPhone, the content seems to be available, though I will need to play with this to figure out how to navigate. All I'm trying to do right now is clean out the FM radio channel list and to add in my own favorite stations.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Five hours after initiating download of Taycan 2021 info in Porsche Good to Know app (Android), status of the download is 4 %.
Porsche support suggested sending them a screenshot of any error message when/if one appears.......
Said I would have a response within 72 hours..........

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
This is what you see when the manual is downloaded. I don’t remember what it looked like before it downloaded.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Good to Know app - will not download Taycan info B7DF36C1-A28F-4A06-BAA1-0BE10A995676

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
On iPhone the download was super slow and I had to have the app open and the screen unlocked. Their content download server is horribly slow.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
EDIT: After letting it sit for a minute or two it finally loaded the main screen. When I click on Taycan, it doesn't even show 2022 in the list. I chose 2021 and it did download after a few seconds. I'm on WiFi. It's a pretty large file (228MB).
The 2022 content is still not available. You would think Porsche would put this as a priority. But for now, I'd rather see them fix the CT alarm issue first.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
The 2022 content is still not available. You would think Porsche would put this as a priority. But for now, I'd rather see them fix the CT alarm issue first.
I keep seeing this CT alarm issue referenced but if you guys are referring to the alarm going off on it’s own, that’s not a CT specific issue. At least not for 2022. My 4S sedan does it as well.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
2022 content should be there - it is still based on MY21 (MY22 - delivery Oct / Nov +) and there are 3 Taycan Good To Know downloads to choose from - the latest is WKD Y1A 01 20 21 produced April 04/21 - onwards (i.e. current). Little or no difference across model years (MY21 / MY22 particularly) and even less when looking for CT specifics e.g. Gravel drive mode is covered in the aforementioned version of the documentation under Drive Modes. Despite currently being in MY22 I doubt Porsche felt the need to up rev the documentation given lack of material change and have slipped one or two things into the current release.

If you are having difficulty in downloading - Google the PDF manual instead or completely remove the app and content and start over. Appears to be fine for all models and all versions of the content in UK currently.

Last edited:

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
2022 content should be there - it is still based on MY21 (MY22 - delivery Oct / Nov +) and there are 3 Taycan Good To Know downloads to choose from - the latest is WKD Y1A 01 20 21 produced April 04/21 - onwards (i.e. current). Little or no difference across model years (MY21 / MY22 particularly) and even less when looking for CT specifics e.g. Gravel drive mode is covered in the aforementioned version of the documentation under Drive Modes. Despite currently being in MY22 I doubt Porsche felt the need to up rev the documentation given lack of material change and have slipped one or two things into the current release.
Sorry but I've found several differences/changes for the MY22's that's documented in the manual, but no the MY21 GTK content. current MY22 manual is WKD Y1A 00 B 21 22. At least in the US this not available in the GTK app. Porsche is just slow in getting the content out, kind of like fixing bugs...

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you are having difficulty in downloading - Google the PDF manual instead or completely remove the app and content and start over. Appears to be fine for all models and all versions of the content in UK currently.
Thanks for your reply. I am trying to download the 2021 version from Google Play store to android devices. When you say appears to be fine, did you mean you can download the content ok to android device, or that you can access content you previously downloaded.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the good to know app repeatedly. That goes quickly. It is the Taycan content that seems to stall at about 2 % in 20 minutes, then no more progress in 5 hours.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sorry but I've found several differences/changes for the MY22's that's documented in the manual, but no the MY21 GTK content. current MY22 manual is WKD Y1A 00 B 21 22. At least in the US this not available in the GTK app. Porsche is just slow in getting the content out, kind of like fixing bugs...
Appreciate if you can highlight some changes?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for your reply. I am trying to download the 2021 version from Google Play store to android devices. When you say appears to be fine, did you mean you can download the content ok to android device, or that you can access content you previously downloaded.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the good to know app repeatedly. That goes quickly. It is the Taycan content that seems to stall at about 2 % in 20 minutes, then no more progress in 5 hours.
It is a pain - for now this might help https://www.manualslib.com/manual/2053447/Porsche-Taycan.html?page=3#manual

Version 00 - MY21 to 03/21

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Appreciate if you can highlight some changes?
Some of the differences I have found, the instrument cluster tubes configuration (all wheel display missing) and remote parking. There was something else I came across where the menus are different in the GTK app but the MY22 manual has the right menu's, can't think of what it is now.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Some of the differences I have found, the instrument cluster tubes configuration (all wheel display missing) and remote parking. There was something else I came across where the menus are different in the GTK app but the MY22 manual has the right menu's, can't think of what it is now.
Thx

Ok so the missing AWD may yet reappear and still a mystery why it was removed in the first place. Either way you aren't missing out on a near pointless display.

Remote Parking - indeed this is missing but then there were issues with it and I think temporarily withdrawn and now has reappeared. I think it was / is also limited to Apple devices which may be another frustration.

Jan'22 may see a few more updates or perhaps a new up reved document entirely.
Sponsored